Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2011 headlight adjustments

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 10:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2011 headlight adjustments

I turned my headlights down, way down, I was pulling a very heavy load from WI to PA. A few weeks later I was in for oil service and asked them to aim the lights back to where they should be. The Ford dealer said they were turned too far and were unthreaded and were ruined.

Is there some kind of stop at the end of the adjustment screw? Did they just not want to deal with it? It should have been under warranty?

Is there anyway to correct this short of new highlights? That was their suggestion was to replace them. They said the adjustment screw is sealed inside the headlight.

Thanks.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:57 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Looking at a set of headlamps I have, it seems the adjuster is indeed sealed inside the housing, it appears the only part that moves is the reflective part inside. I would think they would have been smart enough to put a stop so it could not pop out but that may be the case. Have you tried adjusting them back up yourself?
The following users liked this post:
F150Traveler (04-10-2013)
Old 04-10-2013, 10:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea I tried, the dealer said if you pull back the rubber there is a 10mm bolt in there that the star wheel turns... no dice. I see used sets on eBay. I'm going to go back to the selling dealer and talk about my wife wanting a new Explorer and mention the headlights! See if they can, "slide them under warranty".

Quick Reply: 2011 headlight adjustments