Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2011 F150 Backup Sensors, Camera Out

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2022, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2011 F150 Backup Sensors, Camera Out

Looking for some advice. I’m trying to sell my 2011 F150 platinum 5.0 and am in the process of fixing small issues beforehand.

I cannot figure out my backup sensors and backupcamera. I have the small screen in the rear view mirror. It went out over a year ago, some days it’ll be blue, but most of the time nothing shows at all. The backup sensors went out probably around the same time. I’ve checked the wiring harness and everything looks good.

I’ve read online about a possible reset, somehow with a usb? I’ve read that one backupsensor will shut down the other 3. I’ve checked the fuses many times (it’s a project I’ll attempt to fix every few months). I really don’t know what else to try. I’d like to do this without bringing it to a shop.

Any advice?
Old 04-18-2022, 06:18 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SamPlatinum
Looking for some advice. I’m trying to sell my 2011 F150 platinum 5.0 and am in the process of fixing small issues beforehand.

I cannot figure out my backup sensors and backupcamera. I have the small screen in the rear view mirror. It went out over a year ago, some days it’ll be blue, but most of the time nothing shows at all. The backup sensors went out probably around the same time. I’ve checked the wiring harness and everything looks good.

I’ve read online about a possible reset, somehow with a usb? I’ve read that one backupsensor will shut down the other 3. I’ve checked the fuses many times (it’s a project I’ll attempt to fix every few months). I really don’t know what else to try. I’d like to do this without bringing it to a shop.

Any advice?
Did you figure anything out? I’ve read of every solution from bad connections to failed cameras
Old 04-18-2022, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by USAFJAKE
Did you figure anything out? I’ve read of every solution from bad connections to failed cameras

no, I’ve checked all connections and nothing. Guess I’ll just leave it for the next guy

Quick Reply: 2011 F150 Backup Sensors, Camera Out