Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2010 f150 5.4L Camshaft Position sensor issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2023, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2010 f150 5.4L Camshaft Position sensor issues

How's it going everyone. I have a 2010 F150 5.4L with 167000 miles and I'm at my wits end with this issue and I am about to pull my hair out lol. A few months ago I noticed that sometimes when I would be accelerating and then slow down to an idle (like pulling into my driveway), my truck would have a really rough idle almost like a misfire or idle too low. i didnt have a check engine light but i went ahead and checked for any codes. I had one code P0345 for Camshaft Position Sensor A circuit bank 2. So i went ahead and ordered a new sensor and replaced it. I believe the code refers to the driverside sensor so thats the one i replaced. I also went ahead and replaced the plugs, cleaned the throttle body as well as the Mass airflow sensor. Everything was fine for a few days but now the issue is back and worse. Now my check engine light has come on and not only do i still randomly get my original issue of rough idle after acceleration then slow to an idle, it seems to cause the engine to run poorly afterwards. poor acceleration etc.
I pulled the codes and now im getting the following-

Current DTCs
P0022- 'A' Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Retarded Bank 2
P0345- Camshaft Position Sensor 'A' Circuit Bank 2

Pending DTCs
P0012- 'A' Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Retarded Bank 1

Permanent DTCs

Im hoping someone on here has experience with these issues and can point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance
Old 07-11-2023, 08:50 PM

Received 444 Likes on 385 Posts

Decide if you’re in love with the truck. At that mileage, you’re likely looking at a remanned engine. No shop will waste time doing a timing job at that point.

Quick Reply: 2010 f150 5.4L Camshaft Position sensor issues