Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2010 driver side blend door actuator

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 driver side blend door actuator

My friend’s 2010 King Ranch (153K miles) is having AC problems. It blows cold air on the passenger side and in the back, but the driver side blows hot air (hotter than the outside temperature) with the AC on max. It blows hot on the driver dashboard vents, the driver leg vents, and out of the left windshield defrost vent. The right defrost vent blows cold, and the middle defrost vent’s temperature is between the other two. My guess is the actuator for the blend door serving the driver side has failed. We haven’t heard any clicking noises inside the dashboard but the motor itself could be burned out. Anyone have experience with this?

If the actuator appears to be the problem, we’d take on the repair ourselves. Does anyone know where the actuator that controls the driver side is? I’ve found videos of people fixing them behind the radio and behind the glovebox but I want to be sure I’m replacing the right one before digging for it.

Also, does anyone know if there’s a 2010 service manual online?

EDIT: So after some digging I found this thread https://www.f150forum.com/f38/driver...tuator-279672/ and this youtube video. Looks like it's behind the dashboard right between the floor ducts and the AC blower housing. Apparently a dealer would have to remove the entire AC system for this, but you can bend the duct just enough to remove the old actuator.

Last edited by Nathanwilson5989; 06-03-2019 at 09:53 PM.

Quick Reply: 2010 driver side blend door actuator