Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2009 Fuel Pump Access

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Fuel Pump Access

My fuel gage stopped working and based on what I can tell, the sender in the tank has gone out. I’ve been told that the 2009 F-150 cannot have the fuel pump replaced by any method other than dropping the tank. My truck is a super cab and not a super crew, when looking under the bed, it seems that I can in fact remove the bed and access the fuel pump assembly.

Before I go through that hassle and learn it won’t work, I wanted to check to see if anyone with an 09-13 era Super Cab owner has done this.
Old 09-23-2018, 05:50 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

When I was working at the dealer, the ONLY way we would perform that task is to raise the bed, didn't have to remove it, we just loosened the bolts on the driver side, removed the bed bolts on the passenger side, put a thick towel between the rear bumper and bed driver side, then used a floor jack or lift to raise the passenger side. That way we didn't have to disconnect any wiring for the lights or the fuel filler pipe.

If you go that route just be sure to use some sort of chock placed between the bed and frame so ya don't get squished if it falls. You have to lay across the passenger side frame to reach the driver side mounted tank.

You won't find that procedure in any manual.

Quick Reply: 2009 Fuel Pump Access