Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2005 Lariat 4 door back passenger window not going up

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2005 Lariat 4 door back passenger window not going up

Hey guys,

I tried to put my back pass window down with the drivers control which was a no go so i tried with the actual back pass window control which worked. Unfortunately, when i went to roll it up, nothing happen. I've tried the driver controls with no luck either. I didn't hear any type of pop or anything abnormal, just won't go up.

Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be?
Thanks
Joe
Old 02-02-2012, 08:05 AM

more than likely your problem is the regulator. Athough I haven't replaced any of mine, I have replaced all four in my uncle's 05 crewcab. He got the parts for about $120 apiece and they are not hard to change at all once you get the door panel off... Hope this helps
Old 02-02-2012, 11:02 AM

Thank you Murdog. Did you replace your uncle's because the fail to work anymore? Can anyone else kinda confirm that the regulator is the bad component?
Old 02-03-2012, 07:03 AM

Just to update. I shot power at the motor cannon plug and was getting 8.6 volts dc with the battery on, so its getting power. The only problem i'm running into now is just finding a motor. Everywhere i have called sells the combo kit (reg/motor). So unless i can just find a motor, looks like i will be dropping about $130 on it.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:46 AM

I think your best bet is to replace the whole thing at once. On the ones i replaced two of them the motor was bad and the other two the cable assembly came apart. There would be that chance that if you only replaced the motor that the cables could break lose soon afterwards. Just my opion but I would change it all at once.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:07 PM

@Murdog. After doing some research, that is what i'm going to do. In the mean time, Does anyone know of a way to slide the window back up while sitting in the track? Is it possible? I just want my window up and i don't really care how it is done. I won't be changing the reg/motor for probley a week or longer and i have a trash bag taped over my window right now.

Quick Reply: 2005 Lariat 4 door back passenger window not going up