Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2001 f150 xl 7700 cng 5.4 coolant flow pattern.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2021, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 f150 xl 7700 cng 5.4 coolant flow pattern.

Hey he she they and we. I completed my coolant in the trans project and find out my intake has a leak in the same place as everyone else. If you have never worked on a truck with the fuel system mine has then you won\t be able to fully appreciate the 3 days it took to get the fuel line seperated so I could pull the intake. The rails and the regulator and the schrater valve and pindle are between the back two cylinders and the firewall/dash and it's all one piece with stiff braided hose running to the rails. So it all had to come out as one piece two fuel rails and the regs and valves. And just because 3600 psi gas doesn't make working on the fuel system tramatic they plumbed the coolant for the regulator that reduces the pressure from 3600psi down to 160
psi and has to be jacketed with coolant so it won't freeze up during the transition. while I was moving the hoses out of the way i didn't realize that the two hoses coming and going were the same length but took different routes to get there so i HAVE TWO IDENTICLE HOSES (oops) coming up the firewall and no way of knowing which is in or out or if it even matters but there is a thermostat in the housing of the regulator and I would imagine it needs to have the coolant pushing in the right direction. I have no idea which direction the coolant goes from the pump or through the engine but I think someone that had that piece of traffic flow info could use a little logic and assign it to the heater core supply and return that they teed off of. If I would have said that first iit may have maqde this less uneasy.

Quick Reply: 2001 f150 xl 7700 cng 5.4 coolant flow pattern.