Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

03 F150 Super Crew 4.6 stalling problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 F150 Super Crew 4.6 stalling problem

First off my truck has about 156K miles on it. I can't check the PCM codes because I need to replace the cigar lighter. Before the lighter broke I was able to find out that I had a CTS problem and a misfire code. Replaced the CTS and plugs as well as the "problem" coil, that was about a year to a year and a half ago. I also replaced the IAC and TPS. About a month and a half ago my truck started to want to stall at stop signs, lights, parking etc. So I figured that I needed to replace the remaining coils. So today, I replaced all of the coils, put in new plugs and some other minor maintenance items, hoping to resolve my problem. Didn't work. My truck runs fine for 10-12 minutes, but once it gets to "operating temp" it starts to act wonky at stops/parking. Between lights it is fine. Accelerates on demand, and trust me I will pass you on the highway if you are doing the speed limit. The only problem is stops. When I got home from the store on my "test" run today, I pulled the hose from the air cleaner and it immediately wanted to stall. To say I am befuddled is an understatement at this point. Has anyone had this happen to them and if so, how did you fix it.

Quick Reply: 03 F150 Super Crew 4.6 stalling problem