Topic Sponsor
Custom Fabrication Department This is the section to discuss any and all custom work that you've done or had made that may not be available on the retail market.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone please help me. Power window conversion

Old 09-18-2015, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone please help me. Power window conversion

I've got a 2007 f150xl. Just plain Jane basic truck. I found a 2005 f150xlt big 4 door that someone was parting out. I bought his front two doors so I could use the power window and lock parts. Problem is that the guy just cut the harness on the inside of the truck cab on both doors instead of finding the plug. The other thing is that my 2007xl does not have any wiring already there for the Windows or locks. How can I power these? Run a hot wire to fuse box? How do I reverse the polarity to make the windows go the other way? Someone please help me out!!
Old 09-18-2015, 08:48 AM
Some guy

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,279 Posts

If you have the switch boxes that go in the armrests, with the plugs, you can just rebuild the wiring. If the plugs are missing from the switch boxes, hit up a junk yard just for the sake of getting them. As far as reversing the polarity, you don't have to do that. The switch box should do that for you if you hook it up correctly.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windows done! Stumped on the locks...

Update: I've got the windows working.! (everything except for the back light on the passenger door switches?
I'm really having trouble with the locks.. I can only get it to either lock or unlock (by switching the wires) but it will not do both with the switch. Which wires should I be connecting to what? Keep in mind that I have my own power wire ran for the locks. There is no factory wiring in my truck. Any help is appreciated.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:59 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Smile

We just did a project similar to what you are dealing with, customer came to us with a base model Superduty. He bought door panels from a loaded truck(this was a 4 door truck ) . He wanted to use all the factory switches. I told him the only way I would tackle the job, was if he got the ford wiring book for his truck. The book has all diagrams, connector views and pin locations. We sourced most of the power window motors, lock solenoids , and harness pigtails from Rockauto, and built the harness ourselves, In my mind the job would not have been worth doing for us without the Ford book. http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2...207&itemtype=N This is the book for your truck from Helm. I think the problem your having with the locks is that switch may only be set up for negative trigger and then there would be polarity reversing relays in the truck. If you search " polarity reversing door lock relays " on the web you should be able to pull up wiring diagrams . The wiring would be dead on for any car audio store that would be installing aftermarket actuators. Hope this helps !!!
Old 10-27-2015, 09:22 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If anything like the 2004 F150, here is what I found out for my similar project:

DOOR SWITCHES (3 WIRES PER SWITCH)
One is a ground wire, you can wire this to any ground point under the dash. The other two go to the BCM.

ACTUATORS (2 WIRES EACH)
The actuator wires also go to the BCM (BODY CONTROL MODULE)

So it appears that to get OEM operation, you will need to tap into the BCM. This has some issues:

1. Do trucks without power options use the same BCM as those with? If not then this will be a very fruitless endeavor.
2, Do trucks without power options have the same wiring harness or are the harness on these trucks missing those specific wires?
3. If the connector at the BCM has the wires where do they terminate? Are the OEM connectors present under the dash?

So as you can see there are a lot of issues to work thru. I'm trying to figure these out myself on my truck.

However, all is not lost, you can always add your own control circuit and all you would need would be any one of the commercially available kits such as this: (or something similar)
Amazon.com: KKmoon 4 Door 12V Car Remote Central Lock Locking Keyless Entry System with Remote Controllers: Automotive Amazon.com: KKmoon 4 Door 12V Car Remote Central Lock Locking Keyless Entry System with Remote Controllers: Automotive

This will replace the BCM. All you need to do it tie into a few wires and fuse the power line. You can also make this with two simple relays.

I think (not 100% sure) all you will be missing is any integration for a factory alarm/ remote locking as well as any operational features such as two stage unlocking (unless the control module you find has this feature.)

Hope this helps put this into perspective.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Someone please help me. Power window conversion