Topic Sponsor
Custom Fabrication Department This is the section to discuss any and all custom work that you've done or had made that may not be available on the retail market.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a paint shop in Houston, Texas

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a paint shop in Houston, Texas

Currentley have a maroon 2005 F150 Lariat. Looking to get my truck completely repainted to a factory black color but keep the tan strip at the bottom. I'm aware this will be costly and i'm willing to pay the extra penny for a quality job. Any shop recommendations and reviews would be greatly appreciated! I live up in cypress texas so anything around there or the houston area would work. Thanks.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:44 AM

Haven't used any custom painters, but there at least used to be a MAACO that did a quality job on my old EB Bronco (redid the tan bottom) on Westheimer near HWY 6. Fair warning, MAACO has always been known to be quite cheap and quick jobs.

When I used them, I did most of the prep myself as I was 18 and wanted to learn the fundamentals, just not risk the final paint job. Removed windows, trim, door panels and the top. Papered and taped Everywhere that I didn't want paint (Interior and in Engine Bay) and primered and blocked the exterior to ensure no high or low spots in the body, plus I wanted to put a sharper edge to the body lines.

They sprayed the outside, the inside of the doors and the door frames and the underside of the hood for $400 iirc. Color and Clear. I realize I did most of the work, but i saved a buttload doing it. They quoted me like $1200 had they done it themselves to cover all the areas that I had done. (11 years ago btw).

Anyways, best of luck with your new paint.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:35 PM

I would suggest service king collision. They do really good quality work but it's going to cost you.

Quick Reply: Looking for a paint shop in Houston, Texas