Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wind/Mirror Noise Is there a fix?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 11:06 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Wind/Mirror Noise Is there a fix?

Hey everyone! I have a 2015 F150 Supercrew with regular mirrors and for the life of me I have a noise that's coming from the window and or the mirror. It's been back to the dealer twice, once with body shop and the other one with the tech. No one seems to be able to find the issue. It starts about 40-45 mph and you can hear it from then on. Anyone have the same issue and know what the fix might be? After tech checked everything while he was talking to someone from Ford it was come to the conclusion it was a characteristic of the truck. I'm calling BS on that one as it's loud and noticeable. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jason
Old 03-14-2016, 11:19 AM

Received 352 Likes on 245 Posts

Have you folded the mirrors in to see if they are the cause? Isolating the problem will help the Ford folks out, as they have a very hard time duplicating issues lol
Old 03-14-2016, 11:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm at about 8,500 miles and I feel my cabin louder than it used to be. I mentioned it to the dealer and they said it was a seal issue. They replaced it and re-balanced the door, but made the door harder to close. it was quieter for like a week and I can now hear it from all sides. I'm starting to think it's standard wear and tear... I've never bought a new vehicle before, so I don't know if it's normal for it to become louder with age.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:40 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by srg963
Have you folded the mirrors in to see if they are the cause? Isolating the problem will help the Ford folks out, as they have a very hard time duplicating issues lol
Yep,folded the mirrors. Tech as even taken the mirror off and adjusted it slightly, tighten etc. Just wish I could find the culprit.
Old 02-15-2022, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem on my 2019 F150 Platinum, dealer said it wasn't a warranty fix, suggested I take of mirror and look around, so I did that, it appears the foam insert had shrunk quite a bit and didn't seal the gap between plastic shroud and the metal, so I cut a piece of black foam and inserted it between the original foam and the frame, left the new piece of foam extended to the top of the plastic to cover gap. Installed mirror back on. Took if for test spin, drove interstate speed and noise is gone. I pulled off all the Ford labels instead the mirror housing in case they were flapping around. Also put another piece of foam around the bottom circuit wire.

Quick Reply: Wind/Mirror Noise Is there a fix?