Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you guys do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 11:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What would you guys do?

I am in the market for a 2018 XLT supercrew with the sport package, 2.7 or 3.5 ecoboost, 302A, Blis.

Currently the dealers around here are offering around $6000 in incentives. My friend is currently shopping for an XLT so I've been following along with his negotiating.

I was planning on waiting till fall as I thought the best deals would be at the end of the year.

I would appreciate your opinions, do you think I should wait or is $6000 in incentives plus the $3000 private cash about as good as it's going to get? Thanks for your help, this will be my first truck purchase!

I have X plan (I've read I can do better negotiating on my own?)

The $3000 private cash

No trade in

Free flight benefits, so I could travel to buy the truck

I live in SC near the NC line

Thank you!
Old 05-13-2018, 11:55 AM

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

So I have always been one to think the same way, end of year best deals. I have ran into two things, dealer lot can be limited depending on area around year end (only seen this once), second if you get see the truck you want and price is where you want it to be then JUST DO IT!!! That is my new way of thinking. Not much help but lets be honest no one is really going to be able to give you the exact numbers the future holds, but you do know what it is today.
Old 05-13-2018, 06:09 PM

Received 1,585 Likes on 950 Posts

I just closed a deal on a similar truck, very happy with the final cost. Seems like incentives are pretty good right now, who knows if they'll better/same/less in 4 months. I believe most of the current incentives are good thru early July.

I think if you find the truck you like, and strike a deal you're happy with, go for it!
Old 05-13-2018, 06:29 PM

Received 161 Likes on 104 Posts

I live in Tega Cay. Play the dealers off each other. Sabates Ford, Capital Ford, Clinton Family, and Fort Mill Ford are a few. Bought mine at Fort Mill Ford. A-plan. My kid works for Ford. Fort Mill service SUCKS! Sabates is much better. If you can get a price in writing, take it and test drive that truck (if the dealership will let you "show your spouse" without them) and drive it straight to another dealer and see if they can beat the price. If you want a long term relationship with the dealer, don't buy at Fort Mill.
Old 05-13-2018, 06:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just bought pretty much the same truck no blis.
I used x plan as well.
2018 SC XLT sport package power equipment group 302a 2wd leadfoot gray. I had 4wd for almost 5 years and only had to actually use it maybe once or twice getting out of some mud. That was where I would ride dirt bikes and I don’t do that anymore so I figured I’d save the $5k.

Financed just a hair over $34.5k with about $3k in trade equity sticker was $46,800 and some change.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:00 PM
Trafficman337

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Go For It!

In my honest opinion, with all the incentives, plus your X Plan, plus the 3K, I don't see how you can do any better. I just left my dealer in CT and the truck you are looking for is here in about five different colors. I am waiting for a Platinum that I ordered, but I was tempted by all the incentives on a loaded XLT. I wish I could get my hands on a 3K offer, that would be key for me! If you want my dealer's info, send me a Private Message. I'll give you the sales managers name and contact info.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:07 PM

Received 232 Likes on 172 Posts

I am also one who suggest taking advantage of the PCO while it is available.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:25 AM

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

I'm up north of Charlotte. I bought mine at Jim Tidwell Ford in Atlanta and saved $6K over buying at Huntersville Ford. I dealt with Brandon Johnson who was the sales manager at the time, haven't talked to him in a while.
I travel for work, so like you, I searched everywhere from Miami to Philly. I pitted all of the dealers against each other until there was only one man standing. I rented a car, drove down there, closed the deal with no surprises, and came home. 22% off of MSRP. I purchased the first of September.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the information!
Old 05-14-2018, 11:24 AM
Senile member

Received 1,048 Likes on 732 Posts

Try Brandon Ford in Tampa.

Also, get the biggest engine you think you'll need. If you may EVER get a trailer >5,000lbs, especially a travel trailer, consider the 3.5 EB. If you're never gonna tow anything with it, the 2.7 is great, but get a tow package for resale purposes.

Quick Reply: What would you guys do?