Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What “supplies” do you keep in your truck, and where?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 08:37 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Default What “supplies” do you keep in your truck, and where?

This is my first truck in a long time, and I want to make sure I have to properly outfitted as winter rolls in. What do you keep in the truck, and where do you keep it?

I’m talking about things like jumper cables, tow strap(s), tie downs, chains, etc...
Old 10-12-2017, 08:41 AM

Received 716 Likes on 425 Posts

I have a nice thick long pair of jumper cables behind the rear seat. My tow straps and other misc items are under the rear seat in the small storage tray/cubby....that sucker is stuffed to full.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:48 AM
Senile member

Received 1,048 Likes on 732 Posts

Straps, bungees under rear passenger seat, and 3" recovery strap with 2 D-rings as well.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:58 AM

Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts

Jumper cables, recovery strap+drings, ratchet strap tie downs, tire plug kit+tools, Frogtoggs, trailer hitch, water, gloves, earplugs, zipties all under the seat

Waterproof boots, 2 tarps and a fire extinguisher in the bed (under the cap).
Old 10-12-2017, 09:00 AM

Received 565 Likes on 403 Posts

I have a bed cover so most of the stuff like jumper cables, tow straps, ratchet straps, E-tool, bottle jack, trailer towing items, etc is in a big tote. Stuff like the air compressor, jump pack, blankets, work lights, tool bag, VOM, fire extinguisher, etc is behind/under the rear seat.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:14 AM

Received 364 Likes on 254 Posts

I put the BuiltRight strap on the back of the driver's side rear seat of my 2017 SCAB, and keep all of this behind that seat.

jumper cables
cross arm lug wrench
bright orange anorak
air compressor
can of fix-a-flat
orange highway triangles

Last edited by rliles1; 10-12-2017 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:19 AM

Received 175 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubbabiker
I have a bed cover so most of the stuff like jumper cables, tow straps, ratchet straps, E-tool, bottle jack, trailer towing items, etc is in a big tote. Stuff like the air compressor, jump pack, blankets, work lights, tool bag, VOM, fire extinguisher, etc is behind/under the rear seat.
Good on ya for storing those things where they are - specifically the jump pack and jumper cables. If, for some reason, your battery dies and you have both a bed cover and the electronically-operated tailgate, you can't get into the bed to get the jump pack. I might even suggest finding a place in the cab to put the jumper cables.

For me, I have a BAK BOX2 that is under the Revolver X2 bed cover on my truck, and that's where I store my tow strap, shackles, bungies, blanket, plastic sheet, and any other "truck stuff" I may need. I recently removed the BB2, however, because I was moving a cabinet and needed the space. Now I keep all my truck stuff in a plastic bin bungied to my divider board (keeps it from sliding around). Not sure if I'll put the BB2 back in this winter, we shall see.

-John
Old 10-12-2017, 09:25 AM

Received 142 Likes on 101 Posts

No more jumper cables for me.

https://www.halo2cloud.com/products/...olt-acdc-58830
The following users liked this post:
Traina (06-18-2018)
Old 10-12-2017, 10:26 AM

Received 430 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by DraKhen99
Good on ya for storing those things where they are - specifically the jump pack and jumper cables. If, for some reason, your battery dies and you have both a bed cover and the electronically-operated tailgate, you can't get into the bed to get the jump pack. I might even suggest finding a place in the cab to put the jumper cables.

For me, I have a BAK BOX2 that is under the Revolver X2 bed cover on my truck, and that's where I store my tow strap, shackles, bungies, blanket, plastic sheet, and any other "truck stuff" I may need. I recently removed the BB2, however, because I was moving a cabinet and needed the space. Now I keep all my truck stuff in a plastic bin bungied to my divider board (keeps it from sliding around). Not sure if I'll put the BB2 back in this winter, we shall see.

-John
correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the electronically open tail gate also have a manual release if you pull the handle. The main electronically open is so you can drop it from inside the cab or with the fob.

so battery dead or not the tail gate would still drop.

Originally Posted by mikemtn
so you check it's charge condition regularly and keep it topped off as part of your normal mx cycle events. And that provides 700 amps as 11Vdc to start a cold soaked car. I ask because I don't see a output rating listed for the jump start side. And what thickness and length cable is provided for jump starting.

sorry to sound nit picky but those devices seem great but don't often perform.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:30 AM
Account disabled.

Received 95 Likes on 68 Posts

Jump pack, jumper cables, flash light, knife, fresh underwear, tow strap and accessories, ratchet straps and a blow up doll for a personal floatation device. It's a jungle out there!
The following 2 users liked this post by 69587:
big_ole_truck (09-02-2018), ecoboost clark (09-09-2018)