Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waze App missing from Sync 3/App Catalog for 2019

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waze App missing from Sync 3/App Catalog for 2019

2019 F-150. I've used Waze via Sync since I've had the truck and most minor issues were easily resolved by unplugging/plugging the USB back into the iPhone.

I hadn't used it in a couple of weeks and, about a week ago, I plugged in my phone and Waze no longer shows up as an available Sync app. I've uninstalled/reinstalled Waze, rebooted phone, etc... to no avail.

Yes, I know I can use CarPlay and that does work, but frankly CarPlay is just awful in it's execution and the screen looks like a 1990's Nintendo game. The Sync version of Waze was so much better graphically and I was more easily able to bounce between other screens in the dash.

Did Waze completely discontinue support for this or does anybody have any recommendations about how to get it back?

I've done the obligatory forum search but most of the issues were unrelated to this. Thank you in advance!
Old 07-07-2021, 03:21 PM

Just came to say I too no longer am able to use Waze through Sync.
2016 F150
Old 07-08-2021, 08:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was having waze issues even without sync. Wouldn’t locate phone location, etc. swapped to Google maps and haven’t had an issue. I do miss the real time user input of various things though
Old 07-12-2021, 06:40 AM

Received 94 Likes on 50 Posts

Anyone know what happened to Waze? It’s gone on my 2020 Lariat.
Old 07-12-2021, 07:32 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Along with Waze (and Travel Link) I am also having trouble with Ford+Alexa. It shows up, but gives me an error message every time I go to use it.

Even FordPass seems to be having trouble with the latest Sync. When I try and refresh the "Vehicle" screen, it gives me an error "Partial response received. Please pull to refresh on screen to update data." Never used to do that before the last couple of updates.

-John
Old 07-15-2021, 08:11 AM

Are we missing the "App Catalog" folder? The other night I scanned for apps, multiple times, both wired and wireless, and while I was doing it, I gave full permissions to all the apps on my phone (FordPass, Android Auto, Waze, Google Maps, Alexa, Ford+Alexa, etc.), just to see if it would make a difference. Nothing helped.

The next morning, I noticed that Sync came up quicker than normal, and I think I had left it on the Apps Screen, and I noticed there was an icon I hadn't seen in quite a long time, "App Catalog."

App Catalog reappears

Sadly, I didn't click on it, or rescan, or anything that morning, because I thought "I've brought it back!" and it has never reappeared since then.

Just FYI for anyone trying to troubleshoot this.

-John
Old 07-15-2021, 10:58 AM

According to the Waze website they no longer support any iPhone user that connect via SmartDeviceLink. So Waze no longer works for iPhone users in the following manufacture's vehicles:
Ford
Lincoln
Suziki
Daihatsu
Toyota
Lexus.

Last edited by dhollt; 07-15-2021 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-15-2021, 11:36 PM

SmartDeviceLink seems to be not an option on any phone, or any truck today.

App catalog, seems to be their product.

It's a shame, because as I recall, it worked. Waze, wireless, on my truck's display.

Thanks for the heads-up, Dhollt.

-John
Old 07-16-2021, 07:20 AM

I don't see how this can be legal. I purchased the truck with this feature, now the feature that I paid for and own has been removed from my vehicle against my will. This is not free software that I installed after purchase, it is not software that I paid a subscription for, it is software that I owned. Is there a lawyer in the house!?!?!
Old 08-02-2021, 08:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gone on my 16 also. What can we do to be able to have waze on the screen again/

Quick Reply: Waze App missing from Sync 3/App Catalog for 2019