Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trailer tow package included with 502a package

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 09:58 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Default trailer tow package included with 502a package

Hello

I've been trying to order my 15 lariat for the past couple weeks and I keep getting different builds compared to what the dealer gets. I have built my truck on ford.com at least 50 times and it is a 500 option to add the trailer tow package. When the dealer put my final quote together I told them I wanted the trailer tow package and they said it was included with the 502a package but that isn't what it says on the website. I just want to double check BC the guy helping me is a bit older and has a bit of trouble with computers. For those who gave orders a lariat with the 502a package, did you have to add the trailer tow package like the website says or was it included?
Old 02-13-2015, 10:07 AM

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

It's not included. I ordered the 502A and added the trailer tow package for $495 MSRP. I have my dealer order if you need proof to show your dealer.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:11 AM

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

If they don't know something that basic, I would double and triple check the order before it is submitted! That was one of my biggest fears when ordering, that it would show up and I would find out I missed something on the order.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:12 AM

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

I hate to break it to you, but the trailer tow package does not come with the 502A.

But, there is hope because the dealer does not build your truck via the website. They fill out a form and then enter the codes in one by one, I believe.

You can look at the the order form to see if it is on there. If it is not, get it added. This will not effect your build date unless you have already been given a VIN#.

Good luck
Old 02-13-2015, 10:13 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rkfvd3
Hello

I've been trying to order my 15 lariat for the past couple weeks and I keep getting different builds compared to what the dealer gets. I have built my truck on ford.com at least 50 times and it is a 500 option to add the trailer tow package. When the dealer put my final quote together I told them I wanted the trailer tow package and they said it was included with the 502a package but that isn't what it says on the website. I just want to double check BC the guy helping me is a bit older and has a bit of trouble with computers. For those who gave orders a lariat with the 502a package, did you have to add the trailer tow package like the website says or was it included?
You have to add the towing onto it. I recommend the max tow package, you get a bigger bang for your buck.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:18 AM

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd84
You have to add the towing onto it. I recommend the max tow package, you get a bigger bang for your buck.

Just to clarify, max tow is only available with the 3.5L EB and not the 5.0L V-8
The following users liked this post:
Todd84 (02-13-2015)
Old 02-13-2015, 10:28 AM

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Bretcoe
the trailer tow package does not come with the 502A.

the dealer does not build your truck via the website. They fill out a form and then enter the codes in one by one.
These are both true. I brought the printout from Ford's build and price website and my dealer took a few minutes to translate those options into the dealer order codes.

My advice is once the dealer puts your order together, make sure the MSRP on your dealer order matches the one from Ford's website. They should be identical.

The other thing you can do is get your hands on the "Order Guide" and this will actually list all the codes, and you can show your dealer which code it is.

Last edited by Kenn213; 02-13-2015 at 10:32 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 02-13-2015, 10:58 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by msgford
It's not included. I ordered the 502A and added the trailer tow package for $495 MSRP. I have my dealer order if you need proof to show your dealer.
That's what I thought. I'm trying to buy local so I'm using our smaller local dealer this time. The salesmen is a nice guy I'm just double checking his build. I knew it had to be an add on and tried to explain that over the phone. I'm going in Monday to put my deposit down and I'll be sure to have them add that package. Thanks for all the input.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:08 PM

Received 1,607 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by rkfvd3
That's what I thought. I'm trying to buy local so I'm using our smaller local dealer this time. The salesmen is a nice guy I'm just double checking his build. I knew it had to be an add on and tried to explain that over the phone. I'm going in Monday to put my deposit down and I'll be sure to have them add that package. Thanks for all the input.
Look at THEIR order confirmation screen where they "build" your truck and it's options.

Trailer Two Package is option "53A". If you don't see that option code, it's not on your truck.
Max Trailer Tow Package is "53C". But as previously stated, that's requires the 3.5L EgoBoost engine.

Your salesman is just confused. With the Lariant, you get a Class IV trailer hitch receiver, Smart Trailer tow connector, 4-pin/7-pin wiring as standard, but not the 53A Trailer Tow package (oil cooler, upgraded sway bar, etc.).

Last edited by roadPilot; 02-13-2015 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:27 PM
Airstreamer

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Perhaps you have a salesperson who's not very detail-driven and is confused by the fact that the Lariat includes the hitch receiver (all Lariats, from Base up), while the receiver itself is optional on lower trims (but included in any tow package on lower trims.)

As mentioned above, you'll still want the tow package for any significant towing.

Quick Reply: trailer tow package included with 502a package