Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire clearance & Truck Height (15 F-150 XLT)

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 05:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Tire clearance & Truck Height (15 F-150 XLT)

I Have a 2015 F-150 XLT EB, and I've installed a set of 35" tires & the raptor 17" rims. I have also added a 2.5" spacers on top of the suspension to prevent rubbing. Now my problem is that every time I do some off-roading I hear the tires rub the crash bars. I am still thinking of a way to maximize the tire clearance without increasing the height of the car (So I can enter my company's basement parking & all the malls in the city). Removing the crash bars is super risky, but I consider it Plan Z. If anyone has an idea please share it and help me.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:05 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I heard of a lot of people on this site that spread the bars. I just saw it on another thread, (power pusher or something) it basically is a rod that touches the front crash bar and the rear cab bar and pushes them apart. One person I just read about said that his were pushed so far that the tire would hit the bumper before the crash bar. I guess the only other thing would be to get a higher offset wheel, but I'm also assuming that the stock Raptor rim has a high one already.

I'm planning on doing 17s with a 0 offset on 2" spacers, but probably will only go with a 33" or so tire so I won't have to manipulate the crash bars.

Sorry, that's all I can really add. Hopefully this will move the thread back towards the top so someone else can comment at least.