Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tinted Front Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 10:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tinted Front Windshield

Those that tinted the front windshield- does it have a big impact on your visibility at night? What percentage did you go with? Would you do it again? What did you pay?

Picking up my Platinum I ordered next week when back from vacation and considering having the windshield done too - sides already have been done at the dealership.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:41 AM

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Have had mine done now for about 2+ years. I went with Lumar 90% and it makes no difference at night or day. I did get the ceramic so the UV and Heat is almost null when sun is trying to beat in. I live in AZ and since my truck does not fit in the garage I did ceramic all the way around to help battle the sun rays and heat. 100% recommend doing the 90% - 95% tints out there. I would not recommend any sort of actual darken tint. I paid 249 for all 6 windows.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:45 AM
Brodozin' through life

Received 1,345 Likes on 840 Posts

I've got 20% on mine and it doesn't effect night driving whatsoever.
Attached Thumbnails Tinted Front Windshield-img_0116.jpg  
Old 06-18-2017, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by AricsFX
I've got 20% on mine and it doesn't effect night driving whatsoever.
I'd really hate to say it but 20% only allows 20% into the truck, Yes it does effect day and night driving. But your opinion is that you can see good enough for your taste. Try this at night sitting parked roll down your drivers side window look out of it then look out the front window and back. Can you tell a difference?
Old 06-18-2017, 01:33 PM

Received 338 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by TenacG15
Have had mine done now for about 2+ years. I went with Lumar 90% and it makes no difference at night or day. I did get the ceramic so the UV and Heat is almost null when sun is trying to beat in. I live in AZ and since my truck does not fit in the garage I did ceramic all the way around to help battle the sun rays and heat. 100% recommend doing the 90% - 95% tints out there. I would not recommend any sort of actual darken tint. I paid 249 for all 6 windows.
Where did you get this done at, I'm in AZ too. One reason I've never tinted the windshield is because windshields don't last too long in AZ with all the rocks flying around on freeways.

Any pictures of your truck?
Old 06-18-2017, 01:40 PM

Pictures are not very good one of the front and sides. I might be able to get a better one later. I put it this way I get free windshield so if i pay about 100 for re-tint no big loss. Also I will go as long as possible with the crack lol. The tint shop on 99th and Van Buren is where I went. They do a great job and are fast. You cannot see any difference looking out the front, maybe ill get a pic from driver view. The picture from front see how well you can see out the passenger front, that is at 20% for the 5 windows.
Attached Thumbnails Tinted Front Windshield-img_0390.jpg   Tinted Front Windshield-side.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
MarkY (06-18-2017)
Old 06-18-2017, 02:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pictures are not very good one of the front and sides. I might be able to get a better one later. I put it this way I get free windshield so if i pay about 100 for re-tint no big loss. Also I will go as long as possible with the crack lol. The tint shop on 99th and Van Buren is where I went. They do a great job and are fast. You cannot see any difference looking out the front, maybe ill get a pic from driver view. The picture from front see how well you can see out the passenger front, that is at 20% for the 5 windows.
very interesting information. Dealer recommended going with ceramic tint on the sides which they did. I wasn't aware of the differences until today, but trust them and said sure. Glad I did.

Looks like the windshield has a lot of benefits - even with a very light percent - relatively speaking.

Now it has me thinking about the moon roof - did you do anything on it? Assuming you went with a moon roof.

Search turned up some unconclusive experiences.

Trending Topics

Old 06-18-2017, 03:13 PM
Brodozin' through life

Received 1,345 Likes on 840 Posts

I'd really hate to say it but 20% only allows 20% into the truck, Yes it does effect day and night driving. But your opinion is that you can see good enough for your taste. Try this at night sitting parked roll down your drivers side window look out of it then look out the front window and back. Can you tell a difference?

Hardly, because I did that when I got it all done. I've got 5% on my front two windows and 5 over 20% on the back.

You can hardly even tell it's there... how can you tell me that it does effect it when I drive with it every day? Lol attached is a random rainy day picture.

Op- I've got 20% on my sunroof. My whole truck is done in ceramic, and even after long days in the sun at the boat ramp, not even remotely warm.
Attached Thumbnails Tinted Front Windshield-img_0041.jpg  
Old 06-18-2017, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by AricsFX
Hardly, because I did that when I got it all done. I've got 5% on my front two windows and 5 over 20% on the back.

You can hardly even tell it's there... how can you tell me that it does effect it when I drive with it every day? Lol attached is a random rainy day picture.

Op- I've got 20% on my sunroof. My whole truck is done in ceramic, and even after long days in the sun at the boat ramp, not even remotely warm.
Think the OP was talking about tinting the whole window like I did not the bar across the top.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by NeedHP
very interesting information. Dealer recommended going with ceramic tint on the sides which they did. I wasn't aware of the differences until today, but trust them and said sure. Glad I did.

Looks like the windshield has a lot of benefits - even with a very light percent - relatively speaking.

Now it has me thinking about the moon roof - did you do anything on it? Assuming you went with a moon roof.

Search turned up some unconclusive experiences.
No moon roof here. The windshield with ceramic is amazing, one thing I noticed early on people talking about dash warp on the 15's. I live in AZ with the ceramic and zero warp so maybe it saved my dash???