Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TFL - Towing Mashup Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 01:57 PM

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Default TFL - Towing Mashup Review

This was posted in another thread part way down but seems like it should have it's own.

I am confused why they mixed the trailers around and ended up with different weights behind the trucks. They explained it as they feel the 3.5 ecoboost matches up better with the 6.2 and 5.7 hemi but the weights weren't the same.

Appreciating that they are out there doing the reviews but it's WAY to unscientific for my taste.

Nathan is an admitted hardcore Dodge man and even though they are throwing in the disclaimers I find myself not trusting their review to be unbiased. He did have some negative comments on the Dodge with the Hemi making a lot of noise without much happening.

At the end of the lengthy review I was left with the impression that they are all basically the same with no clear advantage to any particular unit. I have a hard time believing with the variations in suspensions, power plants and everything else that things would really be this close.

Get these trucks on a level playing field and get some measuring instruments onsite for Gawd's Sake!
Old 10-04-2014, 02:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is partially why I posted it in the other thread because it seemed to be more of a, "hey everyone this isn't a real test but it's the best we can do before we get the trucks to test ourselves in the Ike gauntlet."

I like the TFL guys because they do their testing mostly here in colorado at high altitudes where I can see real world results of what I'll be dealing with living in colorado.

I believe only the dodge has a different trailer weight due to legal towing capacity for that configuration.

But hey I'm just excited to see new videos of the 15's!

Quick Reply: TFL - Towing Mashup Review