Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

System off to save battery - No start

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 07:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default System off to save battery - No start

I have seen this message a few times now. Yesterday it happened when I was relearning the tpms after rotating tires. I had the key on while I went to each tire and let the air out and then filled them up. It took 10-15 minutes and at the end the message came up. The thing is when it shuts the radio off to save battery its already too late. The truck does not have enough power to run the starter. The truck had been sitting a few hours after driving it too. The other time it happened the glove box light was left on for a few hours. Thinking of getting a new battery but wanted to see if anyone had seen this issue before. It starts immediately when jumped.

Thanks
Old 08-28-2017, 07:56 AM
邱吉姆

Received 232 Likes on 159 Posts

battery is probably bad but have charging system check.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:47 AM

Received 166 Likes on 91 Posts

our systems auto relearn the TPMS. no need to go through the relearn process. atleast the 2016 does it on its own.
I have tested this by dropping the pressure on 1 tire before the rotation checked the display then rotated and drove around and it moved to the proper location on its own in the display.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:30 AM

Received 142 Likes on 101 Posts

You didn't say how old your truck is. Mine was 2 weeks old when it started doing this. I took it to the dealer and the battery tested bad and they installed a new battery under warranty.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by William Maxfield
our systems auto relearn the TPMS. no need to go through the relearn process. atleast the 2016 does it on its own.
I have tested this by dropping the pressure on 1 tire before the rotation checked the display then rotated and drove around and it moved to the proper location on its own in the display.
I was not aware of that. I was referencing more of the time frame of running the radio and blower that killed the battery.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by mikemtn
You didn't say how old your truck is. Mine was 2 weeks old when it started doing this. I took it to the dealer and the battery tested bad and they installed a new battery under warranty.
2016 XLT. I was wondering if a new battery would fix it or if I would have to take it in and then pay labor for the dealer to install the battery if that was the issue.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:59 AM

Received 142 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by aswormboy
2016 XLT. I was wondering if a new battery would fix it or if I would have to take it in and then pay labor for the dealer to install the battery if that was the issue.
I think there have been several battery problems with trucks that sat on the dealer lot for several months. You didn't say how new your truck is but if it's a bad battery and still under warranty the warranty will cover it. I wonder if this is a problem with the new AGM batteries.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:49 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by William Maxfield
Interesting, I'm gonna have to test this myself (no offense). If true, I wonder why the manual wouldn't mention this.
Old 08-28-2017, 02:49 PM

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

The TPMS in my 2015 also auto relearns. After rotations it relearns within 20 miles, same when I switch to my winter tires.