Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sync 3 Voice Command Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 11:28 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Sync 3 Voice Command Issue

So I just picked up a 2018 XLT with Sync 3. Now in my 2013 F150 I had zero issues with Sync, press the button, say call so and so and it would call whomever I told it to call. In my new truck, I press the button, say call Stacie (that's my wife) and it says calling AJ (a friend listed in my contacts) on cell. I hang up and try several more times and it keeps trying to call AJ.

I change my wife's name to Hey Baby in my contacts. Press the button, say call hey baby and sync says playing song Hey baby (i have my ipod plugged in).

So I change my wife's contact name to just wife. Press the button and say call wife and sync switches to AM 1230.

What the heck is up with this thing? Anyone else having issues with sync recognizing who you are trying to call? I think I will try deleting my cell and sync from my phone and try to re-pair them and see if that works.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:06 AM

Received 2,888 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Sounds like Siri is jealous and hates your wife.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:48 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ManMountainDean
Sounds like Siri is jealous and hates your wife.

Got it working though. Just deleted my phone from the truck and repaired them, redownloaded the contacts list and it works fine now.

Quick Reply: Sync 3 Voice Command Issue