Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SYNC 3 - Siri error

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SYNC 3 - Siri error

Looking to see if anyone knows how to resolve an intermittent issue with my SYNC 3. I am currently running version 2.2 and for the most part works without any issue. However, one issue is becoming annoying.

After some start-ups, when I press and hold the "SPEAK" button on the steering wheel to activate Siri, an error message will appear on the SYNC screen and Siri will not work on that first attempt. If I click "close" on the error message and repeat the process again, Siri will work without issue for the rest of the time the truck is running. It does not happen 100% of the time, but probably better than 50% of the time. Some days are worse than others and it is maddening.

The exact message I get is "Feature is not enabled on your phone. Check your phone settings to enable." Remember it does and will work without me doing anything more that simply closing out the SYNC message, not making any changes to my phone.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:24 PM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

Is your phone locked or unlocked when you try the second time after it doesn't work?
Old 05-16-2018, 01:07 PM

Received 422 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by MNBlizzard
when I press and hold the "SPEAK" button on the steering wheel .........
This might not help with your question but unless it is different for iPhones you don't have to hold the "SPEAK" button, just press and release.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:58 AM

Thanks for the suggestions but locked phone works and unlocked phone it works. Cannot find the trigger yet.

Also, pressing to button brings up SYNC, not Siri. Have to hold to activate Siri with my phone and truck. Has been like that since day 1 as far as I can remember.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:56 AM

Received 2,584 Likes on 1,503 Posts

You really should update to the current version. Many bugs have been fixed.
Old 09-13-2019, 03:13 AM

hey, I was also having an error connecting the phone to the MAC laptop, However there are multiple errors in the and the error that I faced a problem with is Mac Error Code 43, I then visited https://www.mactechnicalsupportnumbe...error-code-43/ which has helped me to understand about the error and fixed the issue. I hope it will be of good help.

Quick Reply: SYNC 3 - Siri error