Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

supercab weatherstripping

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 02:52 PM

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Default supercab weatherstripping

I discovered today that my new truck is not as perfect as I thought. The weatherstripping on the outside of the side windows on the rear doors doesn't seem to fit all that great. I tried to take a picture but I got so much reflection that it is hard to see.. As your looking at the window the right side of the weatherstripping doesn't follow the indentation all the way to the bottom. you would think I would have noticed before now but I didn't. Both sides are the same way so maybe it's normal. I haven't had it back to the dealer to check it out. Looking at other trucks will tell me if it's normal. Any supercab people out there notice the same thing?
Old 02-11-2019, 04:52 PM

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by lazer
I discovered today that my new truck is not as perfect as I thought. The weatherstripping on the outside of the side windows on the rear doors doesn't seem to fit all that great. I tried to take a picture but I got so much reflection that it is hard to see.. As your looking at the window the right side of the weatherstripping doesn't follow the indentation all the way to the bottom. you would think I would have noticed before now but I didn't. Both sides are the same way so maybe it's normal. I haven't had it back to the dealer to check it out. Looking at other trucks will tell me if it's normal. Any supercab people out there notice the same thing?
hi, if your talking about the window felt weatherstripping of the hard plastic variety then yes. I have a supercab and noticed mine doesn’t line up perfectly either. On the half door, I push the weatherstripping down to match the piece on the full door. I’ve done it a lot now and noticed that it seems to stay down now. Is that the part you’re talking about?
Old 02-11-2019, 04:58 PM

I wish i could take a picture. No it is the strip that runs perpendicular on the right side as your looking at it. from top to bottom as it runs down the channel it gets further away and there is a noticable gap.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:27 PM

Received 2,474 Likes on 1,568 Posts

Can you take a pic with the window down to eliminate the reflection???
Old 02-11-2019, 10:32 PM

Ill give that a try once we are done with this next snowstorm.

Quick Reply: supercab weatherstripping