Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Subwoofers for 2015 ford F150 Lariat

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subwoofers for 2015 ford F150 Lariat

I recently traded in my 2013 Ford F150 FX4 for a 2015 Ford F150 Lariat. My 2013 had a great sound system with a factory (Sony) sub underneath the rear seat. It sat under the rear passenger side seat but bolton in under the seat very nicely. The new tuck doesn't have a sub, but still has a Sony system. Can you add a sub or do you need to start modifying the system? I really don't want to start adding an amp, sub etc. Has anyone experienced the same thing and if so what did you do to get a little more bass in the truck? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:16 AM

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by joeygentile
I recently traded in my 2013 Ford F150 FX4 for a 2015 Ford F150 Lariat. My 2013 had a great sound system with a factory (Sony) sub underneath the rear seat. It sat under the rear passenger side seat but bolton in under the seat very nicely. The new tuck doesn't have a sub, but still has a Sony system. Can you add a sub or do you need to start modifying the system? I really don't want to start adding an amp, sub etc. Has anyone experienced the same thing and if so what did you do to get a little more bass in the truck? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Are you sure you don't have a sub with the Sony system? It should be behind the driver side rear seat back. I thought all the Sony systems had the amp and sub back there, but I could be mistaken.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:59 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I just purchased my truck on Saturday check behind the back seat you should have a sub. That being said you can add a sub. JL audio actually make a stealthbox that fits right under the back seat. It comes with 1 Tw5 13.5" JL flat sub. The stealth boxes are amazing products but spendy. You get what you pay for with these. If you wanted to go louder you could buy 2 of the Tw5s and have a custom box built but would need more power.

My plan is to go with Hertz MLK 2tw front speakers , Audison bit ten processor , JL HD900/5 amplifier and the JL Audio stealth box. Alpine and Rockford also make smaller digital amps that are cheaper then the JL Hd amps and JL makes the xd amps. I prefer JL over Alpine and Rockford.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:31 PM
Large Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rob3980
JL audio actually make a stealthbox that fits right under the back seat. It comes with 1 Tw5 13.5" JL flat sub.
I wish JL had a Supercab stealth box for '15+ f150's. I'm a huge JL fan having utilized their products for over 20years so it stinks knowing they don't have a stealthbox for this model.
The following users liked this post:
15platinumfx4 (11-19-2015)
Old 11-20-2015, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by F150-Own3r
I wish JL had a Supercab stealth box for '15+ f150's. I'm a huge JL fan having utilized their products for over 20years so it stinks knowing they don't have a stealthbox for this model.
You could always buy a tw5 and if that doesnt fit they have a tw3 and just have a custom box made by a local shop that does good work ( NOT BEST BUY ). Just check around your area for local shops. The JL HD or XD amps are small as well.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:54 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I just purchased my truck on Saturday check behind the back seat you should have a sub. That being said you can add a sub. JL audio actually make a stealthbox that fits right under the back seat. It comes with 1 Tw5 13.5" JL flat sub. The stealth boxes are amazing products but spendy. You get what you pay for with these. If you wanted to go louder you could buy 2 of the Tw5s and have a custom box built but would need more power.

My plan is to go with Hertz MLK 2tw front speakers , Audison bit ten processor , JL HD900/5 amplifier and the JL Audio stealth box. Alpine and Rockford also make smaller digital amps that are cheaper then the JL Hd amps and JL makes the xd amps. I prefer JL over Alpine and Rockford.
I have the same stealth box under my seat and it sounds good. But I have a jl xd1000/5v2 amp powering the sub and my jl door speakers.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by iceman6996
I have the same stealth box under my seat and it sounds good. But I have a jl xd1000/5v2 amp powering the sub and my jl door speakers.
Very nice. I usually only replace the front stage as i never hear the back speakers. So i go with a very high sould quality speaker like Hertz , Morel , Focal. I tried the JL C5's before in my GTO and was very unimpressed. How do you like the Stealth box so far? Does it hit pretty hard? Im looking for more sound quality then I am loud bass.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:53 AM

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by joeygentile
If you have the Sony system you have a sub. It was relocated for the 2015+ to behind the rear driver side seat. Just fold the seat up and then look under the seat to the rear firewall and you'll see it sitting there facing forward to the front of the cab.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:45 PM
Cruise

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm looking forward to more aftermarket options coming out. I have a super crew and love all the space with the seats folded up, so I don't want to lose any to a sub box. Tough to resist though at times :-/
Old 11-21-2015, 09:04 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Very nice. I usually only replace the front stage as i never hear the back speakers. So i go with a very high sould quality speaker like Hertz , Morel , Focal. I tried the JL C5's before in my GTO and was very unimpressed. How do you like the Stealth box so far? Does it hit pretty hard? Im looking for more sound quality then I am loud bass.

To me it hits pretty hard. It's a good clean and tight sounding bass. I also have a remote on the amp to dail up or back the bass. I have had mine installed since March and it sound better now then when I first installed it since it's broke in.

Quick Reply: Subwoofers for 2015 ford F150 Lariat