Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stereo sound pulsing

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 10:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default stereo sound pulsing

Does anyone else have this happening???
I have a Lariat fully loaded.
When playing certain songs at a decent loudness, the sound pulses from full on, to a softer quieter sound. Imagine a heartbeat where each beat brought down the sound level by 20%.
It's very annoying...
I'm not sure if it's not able to play at that loudness level (Never goes past 3/4 full)....

Any thoughts or ideas?
Old 09-02-2015, 10:49 AM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

What radio do you have? My Ford Touch? I am getting new speakers and an amp put into my new XLT SCab as I type this.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by soupcan
What radio do you have? My Ford Touch? I am getting new speakers and an amp put into my new XLT SCab as I type this.
Yes, That's the one.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by batfink0416
Does anyone else have this happening???
I have a Lariat fully loaded.
When playing certain songs at a decent loudness, the sound pulses from full on, to a softer quieter sound. Imagine a heartbeat where each beat brought down the sound level by 20%.
It's very annoying...
I'm not sure if it's not able to play at that loudness level (Never goes past 3/4 full)....

Any thoughts or ideas?
Had a similar problem, but it was the SD card mounted on my phone going bad. It caused the music player to have all sorts of issues, pausing randomly, volume going up and down, and most of all the card would unmount by itself.

If you are using music from a device with SD card storage, see if changing that out helps.

Quick Reply: stereo sound pulsing