Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedo issue!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 12:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Speedo issue!?!?

Hey guys,
Got a question for all of you. I have had my XLT for about a month and noticed on two occasions my speedo is tracking slower than I am driving. Essentially the gauge says I am doing 20 to 30 MPH lower than I am actually going (and showing on the digital screen). Have any of you noticed this?
Attached Thumbnails Speedo issue!?!?-photo68.jpg  
Old 09-06-2015, 12:47 AM

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Speedo issue!?!?

Looks like you're due a trip to the dealer, probably a stepper motor problem. Does it stay they way or go on up?
Old 09-06-2015, 12:57 AM

Default Speedo issue!?!?

Originally Posted by RceRdFX4
Looks like you're due a trip to the dealer, probably a stepper motor problem. Does it stay they way or go on up?
It does go up. And when I shut the truck off it resets and is totally fine. It's like it's switches to kilometers or something.
Old 09-06-2015, 01:01 AM

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Speedo issue!?!?

Originally Posted by smwann
It does go up. And when I shut the truck off it resets and is totally fine. It's like it's switches to kilometers or something.
Hmm if it matches up to kmh maybe a reflash is all you need, I wonder if the Canadian trucks have the same cluster with different numbers or if the sweep and all is different
Old 09-06-2015, 01:06 AM

Default Speedo issue!?!?

Originally Posted by RceRdFX4
Hmm if it matches up to kmh maybe a reflash is all you need, I wonder if the Canadian trucks have the same cluster with different numbers or if the sweep and all is different
Not sure. Hopefully nothing major. I'll have to mess with it some more in the coming days. I want to see if I can force it to happen again somehow.

Quick Reply: Speedo issue!?!?