Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show me your...(roof) rack! Litterally....

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 05:39 PM

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts
Question Show me your...(roof) rack! Litterally....

I have been contemplating on what type of roof rack make/model to use on the roof. I do have a DECKED system and also have Yakima BedRock on/in the bed, but it appear this is still not enough cargo...for us (YMMV). So I'm asking folks here to tell me what have they use/used and what they like and didn't like? We have a trailer but we do tend to do a lot of day and overnight trips and don't need said trailer so we want to still bring the kitchen so to speak lol. The roof looks like a wasted space that can be used so any insight is much appreciated. Just a quick note that we have a 2017 SCREW XLT w/ #2541 payload (yes, it came w HDP). Thank you all in advance!

p.s. Yes I have used the search function but it appears my search-foo is not good as my google-foo
Old 02-07-2018, 09:15 PM

Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts

OP I too am interested in this, but do not have anything to offer at this time other than a shameless bump. If you don’t get any hits here, the dudes in the off-road section might have something to offer...or even on expeditionportal.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:49 AM

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts

Thanks, I'll try to do more research on this forum. So much options to choose from but my #1 must 'not' haves is to do any drilling on the roof. The more I think about this the more I prefer the xbars over permanent mounts for the ability to interchange different kinds of accessories for different trips i.e. bikes, racks, cargo box, etc.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:58 AM
Concrete Cowboy

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I have spent an obsessive amount of time googling and have found that the F150 is devoid of aftermarket support for what you are asking. The only company I have found that I'm interested in is Nuthouse. They just posted on facebook they have completed design and fab of their first f150 expedition bed rack but they haven't posted anything since november.

I tried googling roof rack options and found nothing more than the standard yakima/thule stuff. I gave up and have started designing my own bed rack/expedition setup in hopes of getting it quoted to see what it will cost me to build.
The following users liked this post:
i2oadi2unnei2 (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 11:25 AM

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts

Try Gobi.
http://www.gobiracks.com/product-cat...ptor-crew-cab/

ADD
http://www.addictivedesertdesigns.co...50-roof-racks/

KC
http://www.kchilites.com/roof-racks/...50-raptor.html
Old 02-08-2018, 11:54 AM

Received 141 Likes on 84 Posts

I went with an INNO rack for mine. Easy on and off. Less than 5 minutes Price was right. I'd go for a more aerodynamic one if I was going to leave it on full time. There was significant amount more wind noise with it. But I only use this 2 to 3 times a year to move my kayak.

Quick Reply: Show me your...(roof) rack! Litterally....