Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In Shop Since June 8th

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 12:29 PM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Default In Shop Since June 8th

Truck: 3.5L FX4 10 Speed; purchased new in July 2017. Extras: 4 Inch BDS Lift, 35 Inch Tires

Background: Truck has caused me nothing but issues. Sunroof replaced 2x. IWE Solenoids replaced 2x and since beginning of 2019 has had a droning noise above 70 MPH. I took it in multiple times before June 8th and the service rep would hear it but then the tech couldn't replicate it or they'd say it was my tires. I informed them it was not the tires due to the fact the noise was only heard under load. If I let off the accelerator or turned cruise control off the noise disappeared instantly. I finally reached out and had the service adviser ride along and he instantly heard it and has had my truck since 6/8. They have brought in Ford Engineers to run diagnostics in the shop, while its going 70+, took off my 35s and put on stock tires, etc. The noise is present regardless what they do however the diagnostics check out. Last week I was informed they've narrowed it down to the torque converter and are in the process of ordering/installing currently.

I opened a case with Ford, Opened a Buyback claim (Denied), Appealed the Buyback denial (Denied). Ford has provided me a rental throughout the process and offered to pay one month of my car note.

What further steps can I take?
Old 07-26-2019, 12:33 PM

Received 4,778 Likes on 2,820 Posts

What's the state of LA lemon law? Over 30 days in the shop is lemon territory most states it seems like you're way way over that
Old 07-26-2019, 12:53 PM

It is 30 days. But I was under the impression (could be wrong) it has to be within 1 year. I’ll look further into it/contact an attorney for clarification. Thanks
Old 07-26-2019, 01:03 PM

Received 142 Likes on 101 Posts

I guess it's just me but if they gave me something suitable to drive and made a payment for me I think that I'd find something else to worry about.
The following users liked this post:
thedalejrfan (07-26-2019)
Old 07-26-2019, 01:28 PM

Received 185 Likes on 117 Posts

With all those problems, I would want to get rid of it as fast as I could. It reads so bad the problems will most likely continue.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:48 PM

Received 400 Likes on 212 Posts

Dude call your local BBB today. You will have a refund check in your hand within 30 days. No way ford argues this one.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:04 PM

Received 118 Likes on 87 Posts

The key to most Lemon Laws is having initial problem documented and first visit in first 12 months. Not sure on miles. Best way to get through tough Lemon Law issues is with a Lawyer. There are more and more cases with Ford saying no until pushed by State AG Office or independent Lawyer.

Last edited by BadBoy4fun_wa; 07-26-2019 at 03:02 PM.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:08 PM

Received 336 Likes on 218 Posts

In addition, a lemon automobile is one which does not conform to the express warranty and cannot be repaired after a reasonable number of attempts – at least four repair visits to correct the same malfunction during the warranty period or within one year of delivery of the vehicle; or if the vehicle has been out of service for repair for a combined total of at least 30 days during the same period. If the defect still exists, the manufacturer shall replace the lemon with a new vehicle or give a full refund.

That's a quick LA lemon lawn google. I read it as 4 repairs that can't fix issue while under warranty OR within a year, so that is kind of weird, which is it? But then it says if vehicle is in shop more than 30 days within the same period, the same period being what... under warranty or one year? Some legal mumbo jumbo in there. Definitely worth looking into.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by mikemtn
I guess it's just me but if they gave me something suitable to drive and made a payment for me I think that I'd find something else to worry about.

This was my thought originally but as it's gone on

A. I bought an F-150 to drive an F-150 not a Ford Edge; had they put me in an equivalent vehicle I don't think I'd be as frustrated.

B. What does it say about the future life of the truck when I finally do get it back.
The following users liked this post:
mikemtn (07-26-2019)
Old 07-26-2019, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by flynavy812
In addition, a lemon automobile is one which does not conform to the express warranty and cannot be repaired after a reasonable number of attempts – at least four repair visits to correct the same malfunction during the warranty period or within one year of delivery of the vehicle; or if the vehicle has been out of service for repair for a combined total of at least 30 days during the same period. If the defect still exists, the manufacturer shall replace the lemon with a new vehicle or give a full refund.

That's a quick LA lemon lawn google. I read it as 4 repairs that can't fix issue while under warranty OR within a year, so that is kind of weird, which is it? But then it says if vehicle is in shop more than 30 days within the same period, the same period being what... under warranty or one year? Some legal mumbo jumbo in there. Definitely worth looking into.

My thoughts exactly; every time I think I understand it seems there is another facet to cover. Going to look into it further.

Quick Reply: In Shop Since June 8th