Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shop Install Price Check

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shop Install Price Check

Hey everyone - newbie here, first time on the forum (although I've been using it for research in the past )

I have a 2016 3.5L ecoboost that I love. I've got the FX4 package. I've made up my mind to get a Zone 6" lift, 35" Ridge Grapplers, and 20" wheels (which ones exactly... tbd). I'm going to a offroad shop to set this all up for me, it's way over my head. This shop was recommended to me by a coworker who I trust. I went and spoke with them today and got some info & pricing and wanted to make sure the quote is legit. Thanks in advance for any feedback you guys can give me! I'll post some pics... planning on doing this lifted setup, with exhaust, intake, fender flares soon as well. Should be a badass truck that will last me many years to come...

(prices are ball-park)
  • Zone 6" 4WD lift = $1360
  • Lift kit install (includes alignment) = $650
  • 35" Ridge Grapplers + lugs = $1400
  • Wheels (tbd but let's estimate based off what guy told me today) = $900
  • Mount & balance = 100
  • Also need new brake pads I'm squealing pretty bad... he had some suggestions around $250 (maybe a little less)

Grand total = $4660 (assuming new pads = $250)

First time owner of an F-150 (my dream truck since I was ~5 years old) and finally have some cash that I can use to do this upgrade, but I want it done right and I want it to last (yes I know I'll have to replace these expensive *** tires sooner than factory tires and that's OK with me). Just want some people with experience with this stuff to give me their opinion and make sure it's a fair price. And I know there's tons of opinions on lift kits... let's just assume this is what I'm going with.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:00 PM

Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

Having had trucks in Texas and now Connecticut, and having lifts in both states, the install is definitely on the low side. By about half in my experience. So jump in that. Installing a 6" lift is a **** ton of work...cut the frame, remove the diff, etc. 8-10 hours with two guys.

For tires/wheels, looks right. I paid $2500 for my setup shipped with lugs and locks. Personally, I'd buy them online.
The following users liked this post:
cheynetrain (06-25-2018)
Old 06-23-2018, 08:59 AM

Received 76 Likes on 52 Posts

I was getting a price of around $500 for only a spacer install and alignment.
Old 06-23-2018, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like I'm not getting screwed. Thanks for the feedback, I'll go ahead and use this shop!
Old 06-23-2018, 02:23 PM

Received 2,888 Likes on 1,094 Posts

I think the prices are very fair also. Right in line with similar work I had done.
The following users liked this post:
cheynetrain (06-25-2018)

Quick Reply: Shop Install Price Check