Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat cushion noise, shifting?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 09:21 PM

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Seat cushion noise, shifting?

Has anyone else experienced any kind of noise/movement in their seat cushions? My 2017 Platinum pops and cracks when I shift my weight front to back or side to side, sometimes when I go around curves, pretty much every time I get out of the truck. It actually feels like there is a very, very small amount of movement in the cushion. I took it to the dealer and the tech "could not replicate the issue" - which only makes me more frustrated every time it happens now. I'm taking it back in and I hope to demonstrate the issue to the tech myself this time. I'm just wondering if this is an issue unique to me, or if it is something someone else might know about already. Thanks!
Old 01-04-2018, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2016 XLT does the same thing. If I stand outside my door and push in the center of the seat I can repeatedly get a click just like when I shift in my seat or get into the truck.

I havent taken it in yet. It’s done it for a while now and does irritate me I just haven’t made the trip to the dealer.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:32 PM

I hate it for you - but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. I've tried sticking my phone under the seat to see if I can catch the noise/movement on video, but no luck yet. Hopefully it will do it bad enough that I can get a tech to hear it on the 16th when I take it in.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:56 PM

Yeah, it’s very annoying. I also have a backup sensor that always goes off now that we’re consistently below zero in ND so I have a few things to have taken care of on my next trip to the dealer.

Disappointing considering I had zero issues with my 2014. I’ll get over it, they warranty things for a reason!
Old 01-04-2018, 10:00 PM

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

I don't get any popping sounds but there is a very annoying squeak as I get in/out or adjust my left leg. To me it sounds like the foam is whats squeaking (I know that sounds weird and I don't know how to explain it any better) and I've looked around and under the seat with no issues clearly staring me in the face. Seat is still comfortable and seems solid/secure. '16 XLT SCREW with the center console.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:23 PM

Received 78 Likes on 46 Posts

Is there not a recall for this type of problem? shifting seat.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:39 PM

Received 219 Likes on 142 Posts

I have the same thing. I took it in the dealer and was told it acted normal compared to the other trucks on the lot. I notice that there is also a clicking sound when moving the seat up and down. I told the dealership that the passenger seat doesn’t do this and was told it’s necause it’s a different seat. It drives me nuts and I plan on taking it to another dealer.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:47 PM

Yes there is a recall for shifting seats. This truck falls in the freezing door locks recall but hasn’t exhibited symptoms yet so dealers won’t do anything.

I’m fortunate to not have had issues in the cold yet. We’ve been real cold lately.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:47 PM

Received 2,719 Likes on 2,056 Posts

Seat recall information, loose bolt.
  • Recall Date: NOV 29, 2017
  • Recall Title: SEAT TRACK PIVOT LINK BOLT INSPECTION AND REPAIR
  • NHTSA Recall Number: AWAITING
  • Ford Recall Number: 17S40
  • Recall Description: AFFECTED VEHICLES ARE EQUIPPED WITH SUSPECT POWER DRIVER AND FRONT PASSENGER SEATS. FORD TEAM REVIEWED SUPPLIER PROCESS, MAINTENANCE AND WARRANTY RECORDS TO DETERMINE THE POPULATION OF AFFECTED PARTS. THE FORD PROCESS IS CAPABLE OF TRACING FRONT SEAT ADJUSTER PRODUCTION TO THE VEHICLE IN WHICH THE FRONT SEAT ADJUSTER IS INSTALLED.
  • Risk to Safety: A FRONT SEAT CUSHION WITH A MISSING UPPER LEFT-HAND PIVOT BOLT MAY EXPERIENCE INCREASED SEAT DEFLECTION IN A CRASH AND NOT PROPERLY RESTRAIN OCCUPANTS, INCREASING THE RISK OF INJURY.
  • Remedy Program: OWNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL AND INSTRUCTED TO TAKE THEIR VEHICLE TO A FORD OR LINCOLN DEALER TO MEASURE THE TORQUE OF THE POWER SEAT TRACK UPPER PIVOT LINK BOLT. IF THE BOLT PASSES THE TORQUE INSPECTION, DEALERS WILL REMOVE AND CLEAN THE BOLT, APPLY NEW THREADLOCK, AND REINSTALL THE BOLT TO THE SPECIFIED TORQUE. THIS REPAIR WILL COMPLETE THE FSA. IF THE BOLT FAILS THE TORQUE INSPECTION, THREADLOCK WILL BE ADDED AND THE BOLT WILL BE REINSTALLED AS AN INTERIM REPAIR FOR SOLD UNITS UNTIL THE FINAL REPAIR IS AVAILABLE. UNSOLD UNITS WILL BE HELD UNTIL THE FINAL REPAIR IS COMPLETE. THE FINAL REPAIR WILL INCLUDE REPLACEMENT OF THE LIFT LINK WITH NEW BUSHINGS AND FASTENERS. PARTS TO COMPLETE THE FINAL REPAIR ARE ANTICIPATED TO BE AVAILABLE DURING THE FIRST QUARTER 2018.THIS SERVICE WILL BE PERFORMED ON ALL AFFECTED VEHICLES AT NO CHARGE TO THE VEHICLE OWNER.FORD PROVIDED THE GENERAL REIMBURSEMENT PLAN FOR THE COST OF REMEDIES PAID FOR BY VEHICLE OWNERS PRIOR TO NOTIFICATION OF A SAFETY RECALL IN FEBRUARY 2017. THE ENDING DATE FOR REIMBURSEMENT ELIGIBILITY IS FEBRUARY 2, 2018.FORD WILL FORWARD A COPY OF THE NOTIFICATION LETTERS TO DEALERS TO THE AGENCY WHEN AVAILABLE.
  • Manufacturer Notes: TO CHECK FOR NON-SAFETY-RELATED PROGRAMS APPLICABLE TO YOUR VEHICLE, SEE HTTP://WWW.FORD.COM/ OR CALL YOUR FORD DEALER.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by acdii
Seat recall information, loose bolt.
I just noticed your post. What’s the status of this recall? Is it something I can take to my dealer and have some ground to stand on? As of right now they’re dismissing the seat noise issue by saying, “it’s a truck, it will never be completely silent.”

Quick Reply: Seat cushion noise, shifting?