Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat belt

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 11:54 PM

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Seat belt

Has anyone had trouble pulling there seatbelt out? Mine almost won't come out at all some times, I know it's the inertia locking part of it but it gives me trouble more times than not and almost always on flat ground
Old 09-15-2015, 05:07 AM

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by RceRdFX4
Has anyone had trouble pulling there seatbelt out? Mine almost won't come out at all some times, I know it's the inertia locking part of it but it gives me trouble more times than not and almost always on flat ground
Yep comes and goes, annoying crap. With all the blips and bings and a seatbelt that doesnt want to be fastened the truck makes you feel like it doesn't want you to be safe.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:07 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by coastdweller
Yep comes and goes, annoying crap. With all the blips and bings and a seatbelt that doesnt want to be fastened the truck makes you feel like it doesn't want you to be safe.
Hey RceRdFX4 and coastdweller,

I recommend reaching out to your dealerships to get this checked out. What's the current mileage on your rigs? I'll see how I can help keep those seat belts secure.

Chad
Old 09-15-2015, 10:19 PM

Default Seat belt

Originally Posted by FordService

I recommend reaching out to your dealerships to get this checked out. What's the current mileage on your rigs? I'll see how I can help keep those seat belts secure.

Chad
I plan to call them soon, I'm around 2500miles
Old 09-15-2015, 10:20 PM

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by FordService

Chad
There is already a TSB Chad on this. I'm collecting them like expired licenses. Maybe they'll be useful some day. I just see what else shows itself. I'll get in the McDonald's line later.

Last edited by coastdweller; 09-15-2015 at 10:27 PM.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:46 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

I plan to call them soon, I'm around 2500miles
Great, RceRdFX4! Send a PM with your name, best contact number, VIN, and dealership information; I'll enlist the aid of your regional customer service manager. This individual will work you and your dealership toward a resolution.

There is already a TSB Chad on this. I'm collecting them like expired licenses. Maybe they'll be useful some day. I just see what else shows itself. I'll get in the McDonald's line later.
Please let me know when you'd like to pursue this a bit further, coastdweller. I'll also loop in your regional customer service manager to lend a hand.

Chad
Old 09-16-2015, 10:29 AM

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Thumbs up

That's funny!
Old 10-07-2015, 01:33 PM

Update, they looked at my seat belt and ordered a retractor assembly, going Monday morning for this to be installed, I'm also going to get an estimate on swapping to the 36gal fuel tank and with that I plan to get a list of the parts required and look into doing the swap myself, then have them reprogram the truck to calculate correctly
The following 2 users liked this post by RceRdFX4:
coastdweller (10-07-2015), DarbonneBoy (10-08-2015)
Old 10-07-2015, 08:52 PM

Received 161 Likes on 104 Posts

2900 miles on mine. Same problem. driver's seat. Dealer ordered replacement. It goes in Friday...
Old 10-07-2015, 09:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My son struggles with the inflating seat belt in the back seat...however I think it is a little bulky and the buckle is directional. He is 4

Quick Reply: Seat belt