Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recalls

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 03:42 AM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Recalls

So I have gotten my seat belt recall and my frozen door latch recall. My driver's side seat is popping just like many of you have mentioned. When I take my truck in for these recalls, how do I get the dealership to fix the seat too without the recall?
Old 02-10-2019, 10:03 AM

Received 541 Likes on 399 Posts

It depends on the type of popping. There is a TSB for the seat shifting laterally, but the repair is questionable. It involves placing two cut pieces on radiator hose and clamps around the cross bar under the front. Another is a recall for the driver's seat frame rail. After the recall, my seat popped and creaked. The mechanic performing the recall warped the control switch panel on the side during removal and replacement. The seat cushion was rubbing it when I sat down causing the popping sound. The panel was replaced and no further issues.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:40 AM
Large Member

Received 709 Likes on 458 Posts

thanks for reminding me, i still haven't had the stupid seat belt recall done.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:37 AM
Size Matters

Received 3,361 Likes on 1,698 Posts

Originally Posted by GMC to Ford
It depends on the type of popping. There is a TSB for the seat shifting laterally, but the repair is questionable. It involves placing two cut pieces on radiator hose and clamps around the cross bar under the front. Another is a recall for the driver's seat frame rail. After the recall, my seat popped and creaked. The mechanic performing the recall warped the control switch panel on the side during removal and replacement. The seat cushion was rubbing it when I sat down causing the popping sound. The panel was replaced and no further issues.
You may feel the TSB for the seat shifting is questionable but the results are not. Regardless if you like the fix or not it works.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:53 AM

Received 541 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by tmcolegr
You may feel the TSB for the seat shifting is questionable but the results are not. Regardless if you like the fix or not it works.
I do not disagree with the fact that it helps the popping noise. However, putting a band aid on a cut does not fix the cut. It just covers it up. A band aid looks better too.

Quick Reply: Recalls