Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio, Bluetooth, etc stopped working and now ticking sound thru speakers

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 11:58 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Radio, Bluetooth, etc stopped working and now ticking sound thru speakers

Yesterday, I started truck when leaving a store and the radio wouldn't work. All was fine an hour or so prior. Now no radio, satellite, Bluetooth...but I am getting a relay-like ticking sound through the speakers. Fuses are good but when I pull the radio fuse, the ticking stops. I have the 4.2 screen. I get the ford background when I start truck and time, date and temp are still displayed but no radio related buttons work, power button doesn't work, etc. I've been receiving a 911 assist message too (before this happened and after). Can't seem to find anything online, anyone have thoughts?
Old 02-29-2016, 11:14 AM

Received 49 Likes on 29 Posts

My wife's Escape did something similar to this yesterday. I unhooked the battery for a couple minutes to let SYNC/ MFT reset and it worked like normal once hooked back up. Worth a try. If that fails you may want to check to see if there is a SYNC update available for your truck and install the update if so. Oftentimes the updates fix system stability issues.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:34 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Took to dealer today, there's a short in the radio so they're replacing it under warranty.

Quick Reply: Radio, Bluetooth, etc stopped working and now ticking sound thru speakers