Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PBS can kill

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 08:38 AM

Received 2,719 Likes on 2,056 Posts

Default PBS can kill

Why does the truck have a double honk when you exit the truck with the engine running?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/...fcL&ocid=wispr

^This^

I disabled mine a long time ago, but then I have been driving PBS vehicles for years too, so quite used to them. My first was a Ppprius, and several times I forgot to put it in park and shut it off, it has a weird shifter, so it was easy to forget. Since then, I have never left a PBS running, but, you never know.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:49 AM

Received 2,584 Likes on 1,503 Posts

The F150 automatically shuts down after a certain period of time (15 or 30 minutes, I can't remember) unless you're there to hit the "keep going" button on the steering wheel.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:31 AM

Received 2,719 Likes on 2,056 Posts

I heard rumors about that, but never tried it, didn't need to waste the gas.

One thing to keep in mind, anything on MSN is to be taken with a grain of salt since they say you are doing EVERYTHING wrong since they are the "experts". I just thought it was interesting to see, and thought I would share.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:49 AM

Received 230 Likes on 104 Posts

"In the case of keyless ignitions, replacing the traditional key-operated ignition with a simple start/stop button, combined with how quiet modern engines are, has led to a new problem. Some drivers simply forget to shut the engine off when they park. If parking in a garage, this can lead to brain damage or death by carbon monoxide poisoning as the invisible odorless gas fills the building."

One could make a plausible argument that anyone parking an F-150 in their garage and then exiting the truck and not noticing they left the engine running is already a victim of some sort of brain damage.

This sounds more like a bunch of bored journalists got together and dreamed up a problem.

Quick Reply: PBS can kill