Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parking light indicator always on

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 05:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Parking light indicator always on

hey guys, i'm new here and I would appreciate it if you guys could help me out

my parking light indicator always stays on whenever I have my headlights set to "on" or "auto". The indicator also continues to stay on while I'm driving. The only time it isn't on is if I turn off all lights to the truck. Is this an issue and if it is, what should I do to fix it?

p.s talking specifically about the parking lights and not the parking brake light
Old 12-17-2017, 07:20 PM

Received 877 Likes on 568 Posts

Year? Used? Led? Previous owner may have made them stay on via forscan if used.
Old 12-17-2017, 07:54 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

If you are referring to the green instrument light in the tach.........
Mine illuminates to tell me the parking lights are on when the headlight switch is set to "Auto". It also comes on when I intentionally turn on my headlights (when the headlight switch is set to "On" or "parking lights only"). Other than that, it is not illuminated. I did shut off my driving lights in the menu a while back, so you may check to see if it's linked to them being on in your truck......If that indicator is ever on without the parking lights illuminated or the headlights and parking lights will not shut off on a bright day with the switch set to "auto", than I'd suspect a problem with the headlight sensor.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:11 PM

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Could this be a Canadian vehicle? Canadian DOT requires daylight driving lights, which are the parking lights.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:18 PM

Received 1,139 Likes on 713 Posts

Are your headlights always on when set to Auto? If so there is a problem with the sensor. The system is designed to default to lights always on if it detects a problem.

Quick Reply: Parking light indicator always on