Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parking Brake and Hood Release

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 08:27 PM

Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Parking Brake and Hood Release

I recently had an issue for the second time so I thought I would post it and see if I am the only one with the problem.

On my way home from work today I was halfway home and the hood open alert popped up on the display. I pulled over and sure enough the hood was popped. I immediately remembered this happening the second week I had the truck. When releasing the parking brake my shoe caught on the hood release and popped the hood. I knew I did it this first time as soon as it happened. The alert came on and I could see the hood up.

Since then I have been being careful to stay away from the hood release. The odd thing and what really got me today was it didn't alert for about 5 miles. I am guessing I just barely moved the release handle and unlatched it but didn't completely open the catch. Then bouncing down the road eventually opened it and released the hood.

This could really be an issue if on the highway at 65. I know there is a secondary latch but I don't want to test it on the highway.

I just can't help but wonder why they changed this. I was fine with reaching down with my left hand to release the brake.

Last edited by Derff96963; 09-29-2015 at 05:10 AM.

Quick Reply: Parking Brake and Hood Release