Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Only tangentially F-150 related

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 10:59 PM

Received 364 Likes on 254 Posts
Default Only tangentially F-150 related

My son's 2003 Honda Civic won't start. I did all I could to diagnose it but it is beyond my skills. I had him pick a shop so we could tow it there. Took a tow chain and hooked it from my F-150 (see, relevant) hitch to his frame and drove very slowly the 3 or 4 miles, watching his car roof in the rear view mirror as much as I could to be sure he was doing OK. Got to the shop but the parking lot only had room for 1 vehicle, so I went past to turn into the grocery store parking lot next door.

As I was turning in to the grocery store lot, I looked into the rear view mirror, and NO CAR WAS THERE! It was gone. Vanished. I looked at the shop's parking lot, and MY SON'S CAR WAS IN THE LOT! He was in the one spot that was open!

As I was driving past the shop, the tow chain came loose from his front end and he had enough momentum to turn the wheel and coast into the shop parking lot!

True story, happened about 6 hours ago!
The following users liked this post:
Bigcat1185 (12-01-2017)
Old 11-30-2017, 11:03 PM

Received 428 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by rliles1
My son's 2003 Honda Civic won't start. I did all I could to diagnose it but it is beyond my skills. I had him pick a shop so we could tow it there. Took a tow chain and hooked it from my F-150 (see, relevant) hitch to his frame and drove very slowly the 3 or 4 miles, watching his car roof in the rear view mirror as much as I could to be sure he was doing OK. Got to the shop but the parking lot only had room for 1 vehicle, so I went past to turn into the grocery store parking lot next door.

As I was turning in to the grocery store lot, I looked into the rear view mirror, and NO CAR WAS THERE! It was gone. Vanished. I looked at the shop's parking lot, and MY SON'S CAR WAS IN THE LOT! He was in the one spot that was open!

As I was driving past the shop, the tow chain came loose from his front end and he had enough momentum to turn the wheel and coast into the shop parking lot!

Sometimes it's just better to be lucky then good.........

Glad it turned out ok because towing like that can turn out not so good!
Old 11-30-2017, 11:04 PM

Received 216 Likes on 170 Posts

Hope it has a manual transmission!!! Or it HAD an automatic lol.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:45 PM

Received 364 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by lutter5-0
Hope it has a manual transmission!!! Or it HAD an automatic lol.
Yep, 5 on the floor.

Last edited by rliles1; 11-30-2017 at 11:49 PM.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:10 AM

Received 716 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by cthusker
Sometimes it's just better to be lucky then good.........
Agreed, it's nice when Lady Luck rears her head and helps you out.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:22 AM
I like to eat.

Received 470 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by rliles1

Great story, would read again.