Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One year and 32,560 miles later

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 08:08 PM

Received 2,722 Likes on 2,058 Posts

Default One year and 32,560 miles later

And the truck is great. I ordered my Platinum to be exactly what I wanted and it is perfect. One year ago is when I drove it off the lot with 12 miles on it, and here I am one year later to the HOUR, and have nearly 33K on it. The only thing done to it was to replace the driveshaft which was clearly dropped before it was installed, so the dealer ordered and replaced it. The only update was to Sync, so the only things the dealer has seen it for has been oil changes.

Getting 22 MPG to boot. Ford reprieved themselves with this truck.
The following 7 users liked this post by acdii:
Bubbabiker (08-17-2019), crockett56 (08-17-2019), kenv47 (08-16-2019), Oddity (08-17-2019), phsycle (08-17-2019), tmo150 (08-16-2019), wxsquid (08-16-2019) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-16-2019, 08:54 PM

Received 399 Likes on 269 Posts

You drive about as much as me. I got mine in September and am at 35K. Mine has been pretty much flawless. It uses a little bit of oil (5.0) but only around 1 quart between 5K changes. I buy 2 5 quart jugs so I have the extra quart anyway so not a big deal. Very happy so far. Got the 150K ESP just in case LOL...
Old 08-16-2019, 09:00 PM

Received 48 Likes on 23 Posts

Those are the stories I like to hear! Glad she's treating you well.
Old 08-17-2019, 11:35 AM

With so many negative posts and gripes, figured some positive is required. Going to treat PRSHS to a complete cleaning today.
The following 2 users liked this post by acdii:
crockett56 (08-17-2019), FourBitty (08-17-2019)
Old 08-17-2019, 12:49 PM

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts

Did you get vibration from the driveshaft? I’m feeling slight vibration at 75-80mph. They balanced the tires but it’s still there. I’m thinking it may be the driveshaft.

Love be mine too though. Best truck I’ve had to date.
Old 08-17-2019, 01:21 PM

Mine has had a vibration since day one, I was hoping it was the damaged driveshaft, but it turns out to be the tires. When I swapped to my other set of tires the vibration completely changed in both frequency and speed, so I had them roadforce balanced and found two of them were way out of specs. When I put the originals back on in the spring the vibration went from the 45 -50 MPH and heavy shake to 50-55 high frequency one that was there when I bought it. Had those tires RF checked and sure enough two of them are out of spec. The out of spec ones were on the rear, and after doing a rotation I can now feel the vibration in the steering wheel, which confirms it is the tires I am feeling.

I can put these tires on a 2014 and not feel a single vibration, but put them on a new gen and they are felt. These trucks are very sensitive to anything coming from the road, and the slightest imbalance is felt in the cab. The Roadforce should spec out to less than 10 pounds of force for a smooth ride, anything more will cause a vibration. One other thing I noticed, the frequency and speed has changed a bit as the tires wear, it is smoothing out a tad and is more between 54-56 MPH now.

My next set of tires I will get from Discount Tire and make sure none of them RF over 10 pounds or I won't accept them.
The following users liked this post:
phsycle (08-17-2019)
Old 08-17-2019, 02:51 PM

Received 437 Likes on 342 Posts

Good to know about the 10-lb max RF; thanks. I noticed a vibration on my truck since day 1, on the way back home (600 miles), but it started disappearing. Weird. The truck was just a week old from arriving at dealer, so didn't think flat-spotting was the issue, but it probably was. Or what else would disappear on its own? And I can sure agree with these trucks being VERY sensitive to anything on the road. Just the other day, again, felt a vibration like if the road was wavy and it wasn't. It started after a short stretch of rough ashpalt, but continued for about a mile more. It was weird, but went away. Something minimal seems to set off a 'shimmy', but fortunately it's not often. It can't be a driveshaft or it'd be constant. So probably something in the front suspension, probably a bushing or two. I didn't feel that on the steering wheel, but the whole truck, so not steering components either. Hopefully it won't get worse over time. Oh, and just 7,500 miles here.
Old 08-17-2019, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by elptxjc
Good to know about the 10-lb max RF; thanks. I noticed a vibration on my truck since day 1, on the way back home (600 miles), but it started disappearing. Weird. The truck was just a week old from arriving at dealer, so didn't think flat-spotting was the issue, but it probably was. Or what else would disappear on its own? And I can sure agree with these trucks being VERY sensitive to anything on the road. Just the other day, again, felt a vibration like if the road was wavy and it wasn't. It started after a short stretch of rough ashpalt, but continued for about a mile more. It was weird, but went away. Something minimal seems to set off a 'shimmy', but fortunately it's not often. It can't be a driveshaft or it'd be constant. So probably something in the front suspension, probably a bushing or two. I didn't feel that on the steering wheel, but the whole truck, so not steering components either. Hopefully it won't get worse over time. Oh, and just 7,500 miles here.
Interesting observation with the flat spotting. Hoping that’s all mine is. Only 700 miles on mine. Same as you, drove 400 miles to get it back from the dealer when I felt the vibrations.
Old 08-17-2019, 08:05 PM

There is a stretch of road I travel everyday on a 55 MPH highway. It was paved 2 years ago and the 2016 I have would vibrate like crazy on it. I cannot feel the vibrations on that stretch in the new truck, but I do know it has some ripples in the road, and if I drive at just the right speed, I can feel them. That is how sensitive the truck is to what the tires touch. I don't know if it is the body being aluminum, or what, but this generation of truck is definitely sensitive to roads and tire imbalance.
Old 08-17-2019, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by acdii
There is a stretch of road I travel everyday on a 55 MPH highway. It was paved 2 years ago and the 2016 I have would vibrate like crazy on it. I cannot feel the vibrations on that stretch in the new truck, but I do know it has some ripples in the road, and if I drive at just the right speed, I can feel them. That is how sensitive the truck is to what the tires touch. I don't know if it is the body being aluminum, or what, but this generation of truck is definitely sensitive to roads and tire imbalance.
Maybe being lighter, you can feel things more than a heavier truck. Hadn’t thought of that. Riding on 20’s don’t help either.

Quick Reply: One year and 32,560 miles later