Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noise from front passenger wheel???

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 09:43 AM

Received 67 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Noise from front passenger wheel???

Relatively new to the truck world (5 months owning my 150)... I installed 18" x 9.5 wheels on 325/60 tires with a 2" front level. In order to clear, I had to cut the crash bars down and some light plastic trim. Everything else seems to clear fine.

I've noticed while backing and turning the wheel left, I get (what I assume) feels like tire rub and/or some creaking sounds from the front passenger wheel area... I've looked underneath for signs of rubbing, had ppll sit inside and cut the wheel, even put masking tape on every conceivable point of contact and haven't found anything yet...

Anyone have any ideas what/where this is coming from? Thanks in advance!
Old 03-12-2016, 03:50 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hello Drago, don't know if this is the same issue as yours but I just picked up my 2015 Supercrew for a clunk noise when I turned right into a driveway. Service guy showed me a small rubber bumper on back of wheel(one on each side of lower control arm) that will hit a little nub welded on axel(again one on each side of axel) . I guess it's a stop of some sort! Their fix is to grease that point, I will have to see if it solves the problem and how long it lasts! Hope that helps. Let me know if you need any more info.

Quick Reply: Noise from front passenger wheel???