Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Must do mods?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 12:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Must do mods?

I have a horrible problem of not being able to keep vehicles stock. The issue now is I'm leasing my 2015 XL sport. So I need mods worth it and not going to cause extra fees after my 3 year lease.

I'm getting tint next week. That's a must for me.
I'd like a bedliner but not sure line x would be worth it or if they'll fuss over it. (not sure why they would?) would a drop in be fine?

I'm a plasti dip person so that'll happen too...

Heck as impressed I am with this truck I may buy the truck after the lease. I'm a woman, I can't make up my mind like that.

Anything else a must needed mod?
Old 08-21-2015, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Liltuffgirl
I have a horrible problem of not being able to keep vehicles stock. The issue now is I'm leasing my 2015 XL sport. So I need mods worth it and not going to cause extra fees after my 3 year lease.

I'd like a bedliner but not sure line x would be worth it or if they'll fuss over it. (not sure why they would?) would a drop in be fine?

Heck as impressed I am with this truck I may buy the truck after the lease. I'm a woman, I can't make up my mind like that.

Subscribing to this one as I just picked up my 2015 lariat 3.5 ecoboost and have a hell of a time keeping things stock. Mines getting tint tomorrow. What're people's thoughts on tuning leased vehicles??
Old 08-21-2015, 01:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm the same way. I traded in my lifted 11 and the urge to lift this one is overwhelming. I bought a 2013 boss 302 a year and a half ago and said I was going to keep it all stock. 6 months later I added up receipts of over 16k. I have a problem. Lol
Old 08-21-2015, 01:18 AM

Lol well I have a salvaged 1995 Toyota Supra I'm really really slowly rebuilding (bought it wrecked) and a 2007 Yamaha R6. Many toys that want more upgrades but I don't really make much money. I just work A LOT. So when there is extra cash it's a struggle about where to put it.

But having a brand new vehicle I at least want what will make it last and look good. I'm not sure what I'll throw in the bed but I'd like it not to scratch up.
I have a Shepherd I train twice a week so he's in the back "seat" area. Thank got for no carpet in it.
The following users liked this post:
Stingray Steve (08-21-2015)
Old 08-21-2015, 09:21 AM

Received 110 Likes on 69 Posts

Same boat here. Sold the 14 too raise cash for a disaster at our home that insurance will not cover. Did the lease on a 2.7 xlt. The mod monster keeps banging on the door. Wheel well liners and mud flaps are the only mods that will be done. Great to see the Ladies on the forum.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:08 AM

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

I too have a problem. I too have a 2013 Boss. I now find myself thinking:
1) Wheels tires lift on F150
Or
2) Full stainless exhaust on Boss
Old 08-21-2015, 10:54 AM

Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts

I mod

cars
motorcycles
guns
kids power wheels, lol

Trending Topics

Old 08-21-2015, 11:51 AM

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

Get a lexard screen protector immediately. Gets rid of the plasma feel of the screen and easy to clean. I feel like the screen is more useable but may be in my finger.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:31 PM

I was wondering about the wheel well liners. I noticed the back has nothing and I live in wonderful west Virginia where the salt will be lining the streets soon.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:37 PM
F250>F150

Received 917 Likes on 483 Posts

I was wondering about the wheel well liners. I noticed the back has nothing and I live in wonderful west Virginia where the salt will be lining the streets soon.
If you opted for the Line X in the bed you could have them spray the wheel wells also. Or you could pick up a can of bed liner spray and do the wheel wells yourself with minimal effort.

I don't think having a spray in liner will affect your lease return. However, don't expect them to raise the return price because you did it.

I'm not well versed in modifying leased vehicles and I personally wouldn't do it until I had it long enough to know that I would be buying it. If I were still on the fence of returning it and/or buying it; I wouldn't touch it. You can always scratch up the bed then cover it with Line X/Rhino/whatever. That's what I'm currently doing. Bed is completely unprotected and already scratched a bit. After a while I'll do a spray in. Drop-ins aren't bad either.

Quick Reply: Must do mods?