Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MSRP vs Invoice

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 06:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default MSRP vs Invoice

What is the most widely accepted term of MSRP? For example.

MSRP that include the build, fuel charge, advertising assessment fee, and before deducting the manufacturer's automatic discount in Chrome package, 502 package, technology package etc?

Or the MSRP that only include the build and destination charge and after deducting the manufacturer various package discounts.

Of course, this also reflect a difference in invoice price. When most friends reports the invoice price, did the dealer factor those costs in?

Please help, especially for those already bought the truck, what are factored in the Invoice/MSRP already? Thanks.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:03 PM

Received 88 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by frankboat
What is the most widely accepted term of MSRP? For example.

MSRP that include the build, fuel charge, advertising assessment fee, and before deducting the manufacturer's automatic discount in Chrome package, 502 package, technology package etc?

Or the MSRP that only include the build and destination charge and after deducting the manufacturer various package discounts.

Of course, this also reflect a difference in invoice price. When most friends reports the invoice price, did the dealer factor those costs in?

Please help, especially for those already bought the truck, what are factored in the Invoice/MSRP already? Thanks.
The blue box msrp on the window sticker
Old 09-30-2015, 07:13 PM

That was what I thought too, the blue window sticker that says TOTAL MSRP, it actually already has package discounts taken out. Right?

Also, does your dealer charge some $62 fuel charge and $766 advertising assessment fee?

For those who paid below invoice, does that invoice include all those charges already?

Thanks.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:43 PM

Received 88 Likes on 60 Posts

That was what I thought too, the blue window sticker that says TOTAL MSRP, it actually already has package discounts taken out. Right?

Also, does your dealer charge some $62 fuel charge and $766 advertising assessment fee?

For those who paid below invoice, does that invoice include all those charges already?

Thanks.
My print out from the dealer shows the blue box msrp, invoice, a&z plan, d plan, x plan and total holdback. It doesn't show any fuel or advertising fees.
The holdback on the lariat I ordered, haven't received yet, shows $1587.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:44 PM

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Thanks.
If they are charging you for that they are trying to screw you big time!! I bought 5 new vehicle and never had to pay for any of that bs.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:53 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I asked a couple dealers in Houston about the advertising fee. They didn't even know what I was talking about. Course they usually don't, but in this case it was a good thing! I have a feeling that ad fee might be a regional trend.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:13 PM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Originally Posted by 4B11TX

If they are charging you for that they are trying to screw you big time!! I bought 5 new vehicle and never had to pay for any of that bs.
Read the invoice...

Trending Topics

Old 10-02-2015, 08:56 AM

Thank you guys, if a dealer offer 1000 off Invoice and at the same time include $766 advertising fee, $62 fuel charge, and use the higher MSRP before deducting Ford Manufacturer package discounts of $1500, then, he is actually charging me quite a lot above invoice? Right?

For those got good deals below invoice, can you verify if your dealer counted those things or not. ?)
Old 10-02-2015, 09:18 AM

Received 97 Likes on 70 Posts

Thank you guys, if a dealer offer 1000 off Invoice and at the same time include $766 advertising fee, $62 fuel charge, and use the higher MSRP before deducting Ford Manufacturer package discounts of $1500, then, he is actually charging me quite a lot above invoice? Right?

For those got good deals below invoice, can you verify if your dealer counted those things or not. ?)
I havn't seen an actual invoice or vehicle order confirmation that didn't have the Advertising or Fuel Charge listed. The Advertising fee is 1.5% of MSRP. The fuel charge depends on the size of the tank and fuel cost at time of shipping.
The following users liked this post:
Ricktwuhk (10-02-2015)
Old 10-02-2015, 09:33 AM
Titles are for books

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

The $766 and $62 should be part of the invoice price, and should be listed on the invoice. They shouldn't say 50K invoice minus 1K = 49K +766+62
The following users liked this post:
Ricktwuhk (10-02-2015)

Quick Reply: MSRP vs Invoice