Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mirror Mirror on my truck! HELP?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 11:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Mirror Mirror on my truck! HELP?

Hi guys, So today I was driving home and there was a temporary barrier that was stacked one on top of the other. The top one was actually sticking about 8 inches out into the road. Needless to say I smacked it at about 50MPH, Broke the glass, the rear cap, the front and back pieces of the mirror housing. Is it possible to buy these parts separately or do I need to buy an entire mirror. Its a 2017 XLT Sport 302A. So I have Power adjust, heated, spotter glass and AUTO DIM. Seems no one makes an aftermarket mirror with AUTO DIM. I was thinking of buying a power adjust aftermarket and then purchasing the glass separate and installing that to the housing. Unless anyone knows where to get a mirror at a reasonable price. Im sick to my stomach. UGH.

Thanks
Geo
Old 04-22-2019, 11:40 PM
Utility Guy

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

With that many parts of the mirror being damaged, it will probably be cheaper to purchase the whole OEM mirror assembly from some place like Tasca Parts. With Tasca, you could look up the price of the parts and compare that to the price of the entire assembly to see which option is cheaper. I just used them to purchase a replacement side marker light for my passenger side mirror after it made an unfortunate impact with a support post in a local parking garage.

I would also check on "fleabay" to see if they have any "used" mirrors for sale, but currently I find the Ebay pricing on used parts to be a bit high and pretty close to the same levels as new parts from quality, online suppliers. I personally don't recommend the cheap Chinese "knock-off" mirrors they sell on Rock Auto as they are extreme flimsy and don't hold up well to the bumps and bangs in parking lots and along city streets (for those that parallel park).
The following users liked this post:
geomcnasty (04-22-2019)
Old 04-22-2019, 11:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I did check Tasca but they don't list the individual parts and no Auto Dimming on the entire units. But thanks for the info. Im not sure what to do. I was wondering if I could just buy the heated version and not install the auto dimming. Would the plug be the same. I also saw mirrors with the puddle lights wondered if that would be the same plug?

G

Last edited by geomcnasty; 04-22-2019 at 11:56 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:51 AM

Received 167 Likes on 92 Posts

its about $250 I had to buy a passenger mirror after a truck kicked up REBAR and it sheared the mirror off.not hard to fix either took like 10 minutes tops.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:14 AM

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

sent you a pm, i got a set
Old 04-23-2019, 10:19 AM

Received 3,165 Likes on 2,194 Posts

I'd suggest filing a claim with the city if the barrier extended into the open lane. Get pictures of the barrier and it's orientation in relation to the lane.

Quick Reply: Mirror Mirror on my truck! HELP?