Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Massaging Seats Keeps Blowing Fuses

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Massaging Seats Keeps Blowing Fuses

I have a 2015 King Ranch and the massaging seats keep blowing fuses. I am taking it back to the dealer today for the third time. The first time they replaced the fuse it worked one time. The second time they replaced the fuse and a relay and it didn't work when I picked it up. Has anyone else had this issue? If so what was the fix?

Thanks,

Ben
Old 01-22-2016, 05:05 PM

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by siscokid09
I have a 2015 King Ranch and the massaging seats keep blowing fuses. I am taking it back to the dealer today for the third time. The first time they replaced the fuse it worked one time. The second time they replaced the fuse and a relay and it didn't work when I picked it up. Has anyone else had this issue? If so what was the fix?

Thanks,

Ben
Are the seats overloaded with too much occupant "content" that the seat massage functionality is overloaded and blowing a fuse?

Just kidding. Hope you are not offended.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:36 AM

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Thanks,

Ben
There is a tsb out for chaffing in the seat harness on the drivers side. We just worked on a platinum with the same issues but it also killed the ac power windows as well so ask them about that if you do b to the dealer.
The following users liked this post:
Chris70 (08-29-2016)
Old 08-28-2016, 02:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nickel_work87
There is a tsb out for chaffing in the seat harness on the drivers side. We just worked on a platinum with the same issues but it also killed the ac power windows as well so ask them about that if you do b to the dealer.
Mine does same thing been to dealer 4 times still doesn't work started after computer reseto for hard down shift 5 to 4 how about you
Old 01-25-2018, 01:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Massaging seats blowing fuse

Thanks,

Ben
Took my King Ranch in today for the 2nd time; dealer replaced the 10A with a 15 then a 20 - each time it would work for a bit then blow the fuse. They said they put it on a Ford hot line for a fix, whatever that is, as they are stumped.
Did you ever resolve your problem?
Old 01-25-2018, 02:30 PM

Received 700 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike007
Took my King Ranch in today for the 2nd time; dealer replaced the 10A with a 15 then a 20 - each time it would work for a bit then blow the fuse. They said they put it on a Ford hot line for a fix, whatever that is, as they are stumped.

"Electrical 101" Thats about dumb as they come, you do not put a higher rated fuse in to "see" if it works, all you gonna do is heat up the wires and burn something up or worse catch fire, I would find another dealer
Scott2373 (11-08-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 01:21 AM

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike007
The sure need help, a bigger fuse is not the right answer. Fuses are designed to protect the wire and device from over current. A bigger fuse allows more current.

No wonder they are stumped, they do not even have a basic understanding.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:16 AM

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Thanks,

Ben
My 2015 King Ranch has also now developed this problem. Have any any of the previous posters managed to resolve this issue ?

Thanks
Old 04-10-2019, 02:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally fixed! Techs took apart the drivers seat and found the massage seat wiring harness was open (broken) due to rubbing seat rail, hence shorting. See photo of report, hope you can read it.

Dealer invoice report .Fixed at N/C under warranty .
TeamTee (04-10-2019)
Old 04-10-2019, 09:44 AM

Received 430 Likes on 329 Posts

wires yanked out maybe - shorted and the fuse popped.

glad they found something real - and didn't just keep throwing bigger fuses at it.

Damn

Quick Reply: Massaging Seats Keeps Blowing Fuses