Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Many issues 15 screw lariat

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 11:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Many issues 15 screw lariat

I have had some issues with my truck and the newest one may be tough to figure out.

Ihad vibration in 4x4 and grinding. Dealer changed front diff. said backlash from factory was set wrong. (after three trips tho)

Two pinion seals

Frozen door locks. more doors freezing open. Have recall brought it in and they said no fix but to dry it out. Ford is working on a fix.

sunroof rattle. They have seals to fix on order.

Drivers window I will play an up down game as I cant get it to close. roll it down takes three times of it going back down before it closes. but intermitten so dealer cant replicate.

no heat. Like none. have to bring to carwash and circulate heat with truck off. of course happens on a weekend so cant bring it in. only three times. so dealer wont repair unless I bring it in not working. tsb on 5.0 but I have a 3.5 eco so they wont do anything unless I bring it in like that.

I just had the truck in on the 31 for diff but still grinding in 4x4 auto. I live in small town and mechanics are great but not the body shop. so I took it to my selling dealer 800 kms away for the sunroof and doors and they said they would look at the IWE. it grinded on the way to the dealer. Get a call nothing done> Could not find anything wrong with 4by. Ford did not do approval of all the other stuff fast enough?? oh well what can I do. sure enough go for drive with tech no grinding smooth as can be. Says maybe he fixed a vacuum leak while testing. Who knows I'm happy though!!
Start my 800 kms back smooth hwy no ice set cruise. 15 mins in start getting all kindsof wind noise. Hit brakes it immediately stops. turns out when cruise is on wind noise appears. like all my windows a slightly cracked. I treid turning off heat opening windows. Its only when I turn off cruise ir I decrease in 2kms by hitting the decal button it will stop at 80 with cruise on. speed up with cruise on noise stays. Its instant off with the cruise going off so not a speed thing.

How on earth will this tie in? is cruise still vacuum?have anything to do with IWE not fully engaging?

I live in cold climate that sees -30 c on the reg so explains locks and such.
Truck is stock except level and 34 inch tires. its two years old and I have put on 53k kms all hwy.So before I go into dealer and have them look at me like I have three heads ill see if anyone has ideas. sorry for it being so long.

Oh with 53 k looking at premiuim care 5/120 but its extra two grand mainly for interior stuff. also have an aem dry drop in filter.

Last edited by raftdaddy; 02-11-2018 at 11:50 PM.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good luck with the repairs, I don’t think cruise control would be vacuum operated.

I have had my IWEs repaired 4 Times they have changed everything from actuators to solenoids to hoses and a module that got water in it apparently.

My truck also also has wind noise and rattled when cold .
Old 02-12-2018, 12:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that all my vacuum hoses and check valve and a box was changed due to my 4x4 coming on by itself. But the 4by system is smoother than new right now. I would assume the cruise is electronic but its for sure the cause of the wind noise as it stops the very second I hit the brake or the off. Nothing changes it but that. when I don't have cruise on there is no wind noise at all. only few minuits after I put it on. Got a call into customer care and they are logging my truck and its repairs and will see what they can do as my warranty will be up shortly.i traded off my 13 f350 diesel which was a nightmare too so I'm not worried about complaining as they got me for a total 140k over the last five years lol

Quick Reply: Many issues 15 screw lariat