Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MacHaik Houston - YIKES

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 12:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default MacHaik Houston - YIKES

So I usually don't flame places, but the whole experience I just had with MacHaik here in Houston was flabbergasting.

After two unanswered web inquiries to the dealership and one unanswered direct email - I actually called directly to speak to a sales rep.. He sent me his card via text, and we began dialoguing that way. Soon as I asked for some numbers on the truck I was looking at he told me 'we're too busy and I don't have time to do remote deals - I work by appointment'. Not professional but whatever - so I schedule an appointment for yesterday. Show up on time, and he proceeds to make me stand there for twenty minutes as 3/4 of the 'too busy' sales staff is sitting around on their hands.

It gets better though. The truck I was looking at wasn't on the lot so we had to go to one of their intake lots. Hop in a new mustang which he drove like a bat out of hell, and wasn't too delicate with the clutch, either. Get to the intake lot where the truck is parked in, and have to move another mustang to get it out of the row. The truck had been sitting there since it came in, and is totally filthy on the outside (this is a $63k Platinum trim). To top it off the BATTERY WAS DEAD. So didn't even get to drive it.

Get back to the dealership and I ask for some numbers - which they proceed to do the scribbled with a marker on my customer information sheet nonsense. When inquiring about rates and so forth I was given the 'well it always works out better once you get back to finance' BS.

I mean, is this really how places do business now?!? This is by far the WORST dealer experience I have ever had.
The following 2 users liked this post by chopin_guy:
centexlimited (02-24-2018), Trea (02-20-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 12:12 PM
Brodozin' through life

Received 1,345 Likes on 840 Posts

How are you going to inquire about rates without going to finance? Any number they’re going to throw out (that isn’t a promotion) is probably going to be wrong.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:13 PM
Gone Golfin

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Makes it easier to walk away.

I wouldn't have a problem firing off a quick letter to the GM letting him know he's lost your business and why.

Time to check out a different dealer.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by AricsFX
How are you going to inquire about rates without going to finance? Any number they’re going to throw out (that isn’t a promotion) is probably going to be wrong.
Even a simple question such as 'well, what's the tier 1 rate for 72 months' was met with the same nonsense. I understand finance handles the credit run, and final decision. But they know what the current rates are regardless - which is all I was asking for.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:16 PM
Gone Golfin

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Originally Posted by AricsFX
Unless FORD is offering a special rate why would anyone finance through the dealer anyway. If the "finance" guy hooks you up he makes the dealer more money than the actual sale of the truck.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:16 PM

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Remember the scene in Pretty Woman when the snooty saleslady refused to help Julia Roberts character because she didnt think she was a serious buyer? Yeah, thats what i would do. Go buy a truck elsewhere then drive back to this dealer and show them how their attitude worked out.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2,710 Likes on 1,427 Posts

Wow ! good luck on your search....
Old 02-20-2018, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by idrive
Unless FORD is offering a special rate why would anyone finance through the dealer anyway. If the "finance" guy hooks you up he makes the dealer more money than the actual sale of the truck.
Oh I agree. I would only finance it through Ford to maximize rebates/final sale price, and then refinance through a credit union a couple days later at a lower rate.
The following users liked this post:
idrive (02-20-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 12:33 PM

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

If you don't mind driving a few hours, check out Leif Johnson Ford in Austin. That's where I bought and they were great. They will work with you over email first.
The following users liked this post:
chopin_guy (02-20-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2,710 Likes on 1,427 Posts

Originally Posted by DK in NC
Remember the scene in Pretty Woman when the snooty saleslady refused to help Julia Roberts character because she didnt think she was a serious buyer? Yeah, thats what i would do. Go buy a truck elsewhere then drive back to this dealer and show them how their attitude worked out.
Ha ha I did something like that......
I hit the local dealer up to look and decide what i wanted.
Then i go across town to a family friend that manages a Ford dealership.

I told the salesperson that i was just looking, and then the pressure started.... sales ends in 2 weeks...... best deal out there.....
calling me 3 times a day.....

I couldn't get them to give me a pay off number at lease end....
They kept giving me the run around about having to come in to talk to the finance guy...
Just kept insisting that it was the best deal out there and i would not find a better one !

So I bought my truck from Suburban Ford of Ferndale...........
Got a better price on my trade-in....
A lower monthly lease payment.....
All the options i wanted...with the bonus Voice activated Navigation
For cheaper !

And the calls still kept coming from the local dealer.......
"you don't want to miss out on this deal, the manager worked this deal just for you !" lol

So i texted them pics of my new truck....with the window sticker and what I was paying......lol

The calls finally stopped ....
The following 2 users liked this post by Phil48315:
chopin_guy (02-20-2018), idrive (02-20-2018)

Quick Reply: MacHaik Houston - YIKES