Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Line-x

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 10:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Line-x

I'm looking to get my bedliner spayed in. I had the regular line x on my old truck and it held up great. I was quoted $525 for the regular line x and $650 for the premium. Is it worth the extra $125 for the premium?
Old 08-17-2015, 11:14 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin1551
I'm looking to get my bedliner spayed in. I had the regular line x on my old truck and it held up great. I was quoted $525 for the regular line x and $650 for the premium. Is it worth the extra $125 for the premium?
First see if your dealer has any deals with local Line-X shops. I was able to get my normal Line-X done for $390 with the dealer referral. I would say it depends on what you will be doing with it. The Premium is supposed to be stronger and not fade as much from UV damage. The worst thing I'll probably use my bed for may be loads of firewood and I'll have a cover over the bed to protect against UV.

If you will be using it for construction and throwing lots of tools and other hard things like that in there then maybe the premium might be worth the cost.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Save your money

My Linex guy and I were talking about getting the Premium as well, but when I told him I was putting on a tonneau cover he said to put the extra money into the cover and just go with the basic spray.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:43 AM

Received 274 Likes on 191 Posts

IMO, the Premium is worth it for the UV coating. I like the peace of mind seeing my clean gloss black liner vs the older faded ones that I see on a daily basis. I would definitely do it the same again.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:49 AM

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

I actually just scheduled an appointment 20 min ago to have one done this Thursday. I was quoted 489 for basic, 110 for premium and 30 for extra time because of LED bed lights and tie downs. I am also going with a bed cover, will talk to them to see if it is worth it. not sure how fast they fade, it might be weeks or months till I put a cover on it.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:59 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dtibbals
I actually just scheduled an appointment 20 min ago to have one done this Thursday. I was quoted 489 for basic, 110 for premium and 30 for extra time because of LED bed lights and tie downs. I am also going with a bed cover, will talk to them to see if it is worth it. not sure how fast they fade, it might be weeks or months till I put a cover on it.
My installer did not charge any extra for the LED lights of the tie downs.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:09 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dtibbals
They quoted you extra for working around the LED bed lights and tie downs? That's crap if you ask me. My dealer also did not charge me for that at all, I would think that comes with the territory of working around what's in your bed, especially tie downs, those are in the bed of almost every truck. Sounds like maybe you should shop around for a better dealer.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:12 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Do not skimp out on the Premium. My brother decided to be a cheap skate and not get the extra uv protection on his Silverado. His bed is a nasty grey color to it now.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:23 PM

Received 189 Likes on 120 Posts

IMO the Premium is well worth it. I had it on my 2012 XLT and it looked just as shiny and new the day I traded it in as it was new. Plus if you own the Tuxedo Black color it's a perfect match. Here's what it looks like on my 2015 Platinum.

Old 08-17-2015, 04:04 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I went with the premium as well. I do not remember the cost (several months ago), but when I went to pick it up from my dealer (who arranged it), they were all commenting on it. It was the first premium LineX they had seen, for whatever reason. I wasnt able to compare side by side, but it is obviously a lot nicer. Darker, richer color. I did it for the fade resistance, even though I have a RollX cover. It looks really sharp and I say it was worth the money.
the dealer said after seeing it, he was going to start recommending the premium over the standard. Do it.

Quick Reply: Line-x