Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather seats - Lariat vs Platinum

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 04:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Leather seats - Lariat vs Platinum

Hey guys, I have done a search but couldn't find a definitive answer. As we all know you can spec out a Lariat to where it is almost the same as a platinum, with the exception of the nicer leather seats. Do you all think the Platinum seats are nice enough to be worth the difference in price. I have not been able to feel or see them in person yet because I am currently deployed overseas. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:38 AM

Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts

the seats indiv. may not be worth the diff in price

but seats, retractable floorboards, rear seatbelt airbags all add up

my plat was $3k more then a lariat 502a i built up, it was easily justifiable to go to a plat.

thanks for your service!
Old 11-20-2015, 07:52 AM

Received 646 Likes on 498 Posts

YEs they are very similar but If you are THAT deep into options and high price, may as well blow the rest of your wad, right? At that point its like a 5% upcharge for those shiny letters.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:53 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The leather is nice in the Platinum. According to a friend higher up in the food chain for the F150's it is a thicker leather as well. Also the Lariat does not have the massaging seats (real nice for long trips). The other differences are the real wood & brushed aluminum trim instead plastic with film. I was in the same position, once I optioned out a Lariat I was basically at a Platinum. The front grill, nicer leather & trim steered me into the Platinum, and am happy with my decision.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:27 AM

Wow thanks for the response guys, I think you guys may have just talked me in to going for the platinum. Now I need to justify it to the wife. The massaging seats will help with that I suppose.
Old 11-21-2015, 06:48 AM

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

There were two items that steered me away from the platinum as I too priced my truck both ways. The platinum was about $5k more by the way and I have a fully loaded Lariat.
I hate the tailgate on the platinum and I did not want the retractable running boards, but that's just my personal preference.
The following users liked this post:
tooloud10 (11-22-2015)
Old 11-21-2015, 07:03 AM

Yeah I am not a fan of the tailgate either, but I could live with it. I haven't made my mind up on the deployable running boards yet. They seem cool, but its one more thing to break. I am mostly interested in the platinum for the nicer leather, but I have come to find that the leather comes loose just as it does on the lariat so now I'm not sure its worth the extra money.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:53 AM

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I was considering the same choices... but for me, I wanted Sport appearance package, and Platinum does not have that. Also, not a big fan of power running boards. One more thing to break... and I like the look of the fixed running boards. The only thing I wish I could get in the Lariat is the massage seats.
The following users liked this post:
tooloud10 (11-22-2015)
Old 11-21-2015, 08:59 AM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

I just wanted the nicer leather, maybe massaging seats. Don't want the tailgate nor the auto running boards. I wish they offered thicker leather in the lariat.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:02 AM

Received 108 Likes on 77 Posts

I went Lariat for the tan leather. Also, here in the snow belt those retractable running boards rust pretty bad. Already a member on here posting about it. As for leather quality, only the King Ranch gets the real leather. Platinum is same as Lariat, just different stitching patterns. And yes, the tailgate is horrid on the Platinum.

Quick Reply: Leather seats - Lariat vs Platinum