Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaking Panoramic Sun Roof F150

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Leaking Panoramic Sun Roof F150

This is a public service warning to those thinking of buying a new F150 with a panoramic sun roof, DON'T. Unfortunately I purchased a new F150 King Ranch with one and it leaked the first time I went through a car wash, within a week of purchase. I returned it to the dealership and they kept it for three weeks! I was finally called to come pick it up and I was told everything checked out fine and it was performing as it was designed. They showed me a letter from Ford engineers that said the roof might leak when going through a high pressure car wash. My response was why was this fact not in the manual. Well this went on for a year and I finally contacted Ford and after researching my service records they also told me it was preforming as it was designed. So I have a $55k truck that leaks. To add insult the dealership told me Ford would not warranty any water damage. So I traded the King Ranch with 11k miles in on a 18 GMC Denali, without a sun roof! I'm done with Ford. I love the Denali and the powerful motor, 6.2 liter, 420 hp. I do hate that the Denali was built in Mexico. So good luck to you sun roof owners!
Old 04-15-2018, 09:53 PM
Ezekiel 25:17

Received 2,371 Likes on 1,215 Posts

Ford was right. It’s a wet seal designed to pass water and high pressure water will pass easier.
Enjoy the Denali...I’ll enjoy my sunroof.
Did you really join to tell us what everyone already knows? That’s hilarious.

Last edited by UNBROKEN; 04-15-2018 at 09:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BCMIF150 (04-16-2018)
Old 04-15-2018, 10:18 PM

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Wasted the time to create an account for that.....must be bored or lonely. Running a 3 week old 55k truck through a car wash isn’t smart anyway.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by UNBROKEN
Ford was right. It’s a wet seal designed to pass water and high pressure water will pass easier.
Enjoy the Denali...I’ll enjoy my sunroof.
Did you really join to tell us what everyone already knows? That’s hilarious.
Unbroken, that's hilarious! I didn't just join to tell everyone what they already know. I have been a member for a few years. I was giving a friendly warning to those unsuspecting people that are thinking about buying a truck with a panoramic rain roof. Enjoy your potential rain roof, now that's hilarious! Look me up if you want to see a truck with some real factory power. I have had a Platinum with a 5.0 and a KR with a 3.5 Eco. This 6.2 has more power and gets better fuel mileage.....that's really hilarious haha
Old 04-15-2018, 10:27 PM

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Thanks. That's nice. Have a great day.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:32 PM
Ezekiel 25:17

Received 2,371 Likes on 1,215 Posts

Originally Posted by Wetseal_leaking
Unbroken, that's hilarious! I didn't just join to tell everyone what they already know. I have been a member for a few years. I was giving a friendly warning to those unsuspecting people that are thinking about buying a truck with a panoramic rain roof. Enjoy your potential rain roof, now that's hilarious! Look me up if you want to see a truck with some real factory power. I have had a Platinum with a 5.0 and a KR with a 3.5 Eco. This 6.2 has more power and gets better fuel mileage.....that's really hilarious haha
My leaking sunroof 5.0 Platinum would drag the doors off that Denali. lol
The following users liked this post:
Spectragod (04-16-2018)
Old 04-15-2018, 11:44 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by UNBROKEN

My leaking sunroof 5.0 Platinum would drag the doors off that Denali. lol
Ummm...yes, yes it would!
Old 04-16-2018, 12:02 AM

Received 710 Likes on 444 Posts

I love my 2018 leaking sunroof--I enjoy every minute of it! Enjoy your cheby
Old 04-16-2018, 07:51 AM
Super user

Received 197 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Wetseal_leaking
This is a public service warning to those thinking of buying a new F150 with a panoramic sun roof, DON'T. Unfortunately I purchased a new F150 King Ranch with one and it leaked the first time I went through a car wash, within a week of purchase. I returned it to the dealership and they kept it for three weeks! I was finally called to come pick it up and I was told everything checked out fine and it was performing as it was designed. They showed me a letter from Ford engineers that said the roof might leak when going through a high pressure car wash. My response was why was this fact not in the manual. Well this went on for a year and I finally contacted Ford and after researching my service records they also told me it was preforming as it was designed. So I have a $55k truck that leaks. To add insult the dealership told me Ford would not warranty any water damage. So I traded the King Ranch with 11k miles in on a 18 GMC Denali, without a sun roof! I'm done with Ford. I love the Denali and the powerful motor, 6.2 liter, 420 hp. I do hate that the Denali was built in Mexico. So good luck to you sun roof owners!
Been a member for years, or 1 year and 3 months, probably seemed like eternity, glad you enjoy your GM, you'll also enjoy the problems they have as well. I'll keep my potentially leaking/breaking pano on my slow azz truck, because I don't support GM any longer.

I am surprised you believe a 420hp motor is a lot of power though, oh, and it gets great fuel economy too, hahhahahahahahahah, 12-14 mpg, that's awesome.........
Old 04-16-2018, 08:08 AM

Received 5,992 Likes on 3,554 Posts

Interesting that you've been a member since January 2017 and hadn't posted until now. More interesting is being a member for that long and not having read the many, many posts about the roof. Yes, water is supposed to come in, and is supposed to be handled by the drain system. Yes, some drain systems have issues that need to be corrected. Yes, if you park at a steep incline, and only 2 of the 4 drains get used, there might be some leaking.

I would never buy any vehicle with a sunroof of any type, but that's just me.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ricktwuhk:
David Jones (04-16-2018), msgtord (04-16-2018)

Quick Reply: Leaking Panoramic Sun Roof F150