Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jump seat questions, lock and rear power port

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2023, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jump seat questions, lock and rear power port

New user here, mostly because I do not own and F150 I have an old Silverado, so why am I here?

I purchased a late model Ford F150 jump seat to act as a middle seat/arm rest/console for my 1993 Chevy. I was able to get it wedged in nice, somewhat level with the two bucket seats, and bolted down tight. Now I have this great seat but I do have a couple of questions about some of the details that I have been unable to find good answers for so far.
1. There is a lock for the lower compartment under the seat base, my used unit did not come with a key, is there a way to buy a new cylinder and key or do I have to go to a locksmith to fabricate something?
2. There is a power power on the rear, was wondering if anyone has taken the power port out and replaced with a USB port that fits into the slot? If so could you point me to the new unit and also how to replace it, do I need to take out the lower tray and work my hand into the back to push it out or can it be pried from the outside?

I have attached some pictures of the type of seat and the parts I am looking for, Any help would be appreciated, I do love the seat!

Quick Reply: Jump seat questions, lock and rear power port