Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issues with Tailgate and bed

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 10:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Issues with Tailgate and bed

I bought a new 2015 SCrew and noticed the tailgate was popping pretty badly when opening on the left side. Checked the pin and saw it was bent (not sure how but it was). Took it to the dealer and they said well we can try to straighten it out otherwise will have to order a part. I said as long as it is closing and opening like it should I don't mind. So they "fixed the issue". Now after looking at the truck I can completely see behind the driver side tail light from near the driver door. went back and sure enough there is a large body gap (I can stick a pencil in it no problem). Talked to the same technician and they said well out of 100 trucks one might have a taillight or a panel that isn't fitting right...

Now I'm not a snob but aren't dealerships supposed to fix things like this? I've already had to go to the dealership multiple times for the Glass on the gauge cluster having digital transfer and now the new one has a scratch from factory.

Can a Ford Service Tech tell me if I should be concerned or find a different dealer to talk to about this? Any insight is appreciated.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:25 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sucks man, just took my truck in for several issues, explained each to the rep. Tech said, "unable to duplicate". A near 50k truck shouldnt have these issues.

Quick Reply: Issues with Tailgate and bed