Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IPMB Flash with Forscan

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IPMB Flash with Forscan

Has anyone had any success with re-flashing the firmware on the IPMB? My camera has started acting up (vertical colored lines). Disconnected the camera and get the same result (no blue screen). Tested all wires, no grounding. It's not the camera or the wiring, so it has to be the IPMB. I'd rather not spend $500 to replace it and was wondering if anyone has had success re-flashing the firmware utilizing Forscan on a 2016 F-150 XLT or similar with single back-up camera and trailer assist? Didn't think we'd need it that bad until the wife decided she wanted a 34' travel trailer.

Last edited by Christian McGinty; 07-10-2020 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Changing Title
Old 07-10-2020, 01:09 PM

Update: Using Forscan, I've reloaded the AS BUILT for the IPMB Module. Immediate results seemed to have cleared it up, but I'll keep you posted if anything changes.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:55 PM

Where can I buy the adapter for forscan? I believe the software is free right? Any tutorials available to learn to use it? Pretty scary to tackle.
Old 09-06-2021, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Christian McGinty
Update: Using Forscan, I've reloaded the AS BUILT for the IPMB Module. Immediate results seemed to have cleared it up, but I'll keep you posted if anything changes.
Would you be able to share how you did this using Forscan? I am also experiencing the same problem on a 2016 F150, even after replacing the front and rear cameras as well as their wiring harnesses.

Old 09-06-2021, 04:46 PM

Received 2,288 Likes on 1,502 Posts

Originally Posted by wkuwake
Where can I buy the adapter for forscan? I believe the software is free right? Any tutorials available to learn to use it? Pretty scary to tackle.
Read Post #1 of this thread for all your answers.

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/forsc...-truck-348987/
Old 09-07-2021, 09:44 AM

Received 167 Likes on 92 Posts

when mine started doing that it was the plug inside the tailgate, it had wiggled loose, unplugged the camera plug blew it out with compressed air and plugged it back in. no problems in 5 months now.
Old 09-07-2021, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by William Maxfield
when mine started doing that it was the plug inside the tailgate, it had wiggled loose, unplugged the camera plug blew it out with compressed air and plugged it back in. no problems in 5 months now.
I wish it were that easy. First, the dealership told me it was the front camera and wiring harness (which I completely disagreed with) but replaced anyway and to no surprise that did not fix it. I was opening and closing the tailgate one weekend unloading different things and the camera system started working. That made me think the wiring harness running through the pivot point on the tailgate was broken so I replaced the tailgate wiring harness and rear camera but still no luck! I'm guessing the IPMB module is bad but this is getting expensive and I'm tired of throwing parts at it. If the dealership was unable (or unwilling) to troubleshoot it then I'm not sure what else to do but replace the IPMB module and hope for the best. If that does not clear it up then I'm not messing with it anymore.
Old 09-07-2021, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by 52merc
Read Post #1 of this thread for all your answers.

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/forsc...-truck-348987/
Thank you for the info!
Old 09-12-2021, 03:17 PM

Quick question: where exactly is the IPMB located at on a 2016 F150 Lariat (with 360 cameras)? Based on the parts diagram (#8) it appears to be located in the dash somewhere? Behind the SYNC unit?

Old 09-12-2021, 11:17 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

My 2016 xlt has done this too. Once it does it, it stays this way in reverse until I shut off the engine off and restart. I have extended warranty through All-State and of course I have done several forscan changes (climate control in screen, heated seats on screen, low volt output for full audio upgrade, nav in motion, 3.4 sync upgrade, I'm sure they will blame my changes, but it hit or miss, but seems to get more frequent. Any ideas to fix? Going to try the tailgate connector, but I doubt that's the problem.

Quick Reply: IPMB Flash with Forscan